Chapter 6

I woke up, tied to a chair. I coughed and looked around, seeing that it was an empty cabin. I looked around, and a man walked in. "Well, well," he started. I looked at him, trying to think of who it was. He kneeled down next to the chair that I was in. "What are you doing roaming around on your own?" he asked, smirking. He stood and started to walk the other way. I tried tugging at the ropes on my wrists and legs. "Won't work, the ropes are too thick," he said, then quickly turned to me. Suddenly, it hit me. It was one of Governer's close friends. "Who are you?" I asked, looking at him. "Me? I'm Joe," he answered. I tugged at the ropes once again. He started to walk out of the door. "Get some rest," he said, walking out. I choked down tears, and looked around. I started to think about Carl and the group. I shouldn't have left, I thought. I closed my eyes, falling asleep.       
        I looked around, as my eyes quickly opened. I saw Joe looking at my sword and gun. "What do you want?" I asked, and he looked over. "Well, your closest friends dad killed my best friend," he started. "So, you're going to pay," he said while smirking. He slowly picked up a knife, and walked over. He put it to my neck. "If you cooperate, I won't hurt you. . . as much," he said. I looked down at the knife, and nodded. He moved the knife from my neck. "Good." I squinted as he slowly untied my wrists and feet. I stood quickly, and he gave me my gun and sword. "Now, go get Rick. Bring him to me. If they ask where you were last night, say that you were exploring," he demanded, and I looked at him. "What are you going to do to him?" I asked. He smirked. "Well, you'll see," he answered. He pushed me out of the door, and followed me as I was forced to lead him to the cabin.
        I opened the cabin door slowly, and everyone looked over. Rick walked over. "Where have you been?" he asked. "I was um... exploring. But, I need you," I answered. He nodded, and turned to Daryl. Daryl nodded, and I lead Rick out of the cabin. "What do you need me for?" he asked as we walked. I turned around, seeing Joe walking over. I held in tears, and he smiled to Rick. Rick took out his gun. He put me in back of him, and I thought it was a good chance to get help. I looked at Joe as he talked, and ran as fast as I could to the cabin.
        I tugged at the ropes, and looked over at Rick next to me. "Why would you do this to me?!" he demanded as he tugged at the ropes. "I didn't have a choice!" I explained. "He threatened to hurt me if I didn't!" He turned and Joe walked in. He held a knife. I gulped as he walked over. I dropped my head and looked away from him. "Listen, Rick," I heard Joe say. I quickly looked over. "You killed my best friend... So now, you have to pay," he whispered, smirking. I squinted. "Listen, Joe, this was a long time ago!" I yelled, and he looked over angrily. He held his knife up. I kept a straight face, and watched as he walked over to me. "Listen, shorty," he started. I squinted again. "Stay out of this. It's between me and Rick." I watched as he walked over to Rick, and made a small cut in his wrist. I tugged on the ropes, but leaned back, as I started to get angry.
        I finally got my knife with my fingers, and cut the ropes on my wrists and legs. I looked over at Rick, seeing blood dripping off of his wrist. I went over to him, and cut the ropes off of his wrists and legs. I gave him his gun, and grabbed my pistol and sword. We nodded, and started to run to the cabin.
        We quickly opened the door, and Daryl walked over. Everyone else was sleeping. "What happened to you guys?" he asked, looking at Rick's wrist. "Let's just say that there's still some crazy people," Rick answered. Daryl nodded slightly and looked at me. I lifted my head up and looked at Rick. "I'm really sorry. I should have shot him," I whispered. I walked around the cabin, until I found a spot to sleep. I looked around, seeing Carl sleeping. I sighed and closed my eyes, falling asleep.
        I woke up, seeing that only a couple of people were awake. I heard a bang outside, and grabbed my pistol. "Abby, what is it?" Carl asked as he walked next to me, his gun up. "I heard something," I answered, and walked towards the door. I slowly opened it, and Joe grabbed my wrist. I squinted and tried to shoot him, but he threw me to the ground. Carl ran outside, and shot him in the head. I looked up at him. "Thanks," I said, as I stood. He nodded, and Daryl ran out. "Who did this?!" he commanded, and I lowered my head. Carl looked at him, and opened his mouth. "I did," I said as I slowly put my gun away. Daryl squinted slightly. "Why?" he demanded, and I looked in the cabin through the open door. "He tried to hurt me, okay? And Rick," I answered honestly, and walked into the cabin. Carl followed, and Daryl came in last. He closed the door behind him.
        I stayed silent, watching as everyone else ate. Sitting in the corner, I stayed back from everyone. Carl walked over, and handed me cooked deer. He sat next to me. I took the meat. "Thanks," I said as I ate it. "No problem. Why don't you come sit with everyone?" he answered, and I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I killed a human so, I bet everyone hates me," I whispered, and he looked at everyone eating. He faced me. "No one hates you. They all understand," he assured me as he stood. He put his hand out, and I took it, standing. We released hands, and walked outside to everyone eating. Aaron was untied, and we were planning on leaving to go to the camp he talked about. I sat on a log next to Carl, and stayed quiet. "So, we leave in an hour," Rick said, and we all nodded.
        I rode in the trailer, and we followed the car driven by Glen. I sat next to Carl, my eyes occasionally starting to close. I don't know how, but I had gotten exhausted through out the day. I haven't been sleeping good in the past couple of nights. The trailer stopped, and we arrived at a building. We all got out, looking around. "Alright, Carl and Abby, I need to guys to investigate this town. Make sure it's safe," Daryl said. Carl and I nodded and started to walk more into the town. We held our guns up, and kept alert. We turned to a street, when we saw many walkers. We started to shoot, but it didn't even make a dent in the amount. We both faced each other, and ran the other way.
        We ran until we got to the woods. I looked around, coughing. My eyes widened as I realized that I didn't know which way we came from. "You know which way we came from. Right?" I asked Carl, and he faced me. His eyes widened a bit. "No, I thought you did," he answered. We both looked around. "I think we can from this way," I said, and we started to run along a road.
        Dawn was nearly hitting. I felt a pain in my leg, and fell. Carl quickly turned and kneeled next to me. "My leg," I whispered, and he took the cloth off. I looked down at the cut, and saw that it had only gotten worst. I threw my head back against a tree, and Carl looked up at me. "I need to go something to help you," he said as he slowly stood. I shook my head. "Carl, please, no," I said. He looked down at me. "It's the only way to help you," he answered, and he handed me my sword and gun. He leaned down over to me, and kissed my forehead. He walked off, and I choked down tears.
        I woke up, and realized I had fallen asleep. It was mid day, and Carl still wasn't back. I heavily sighed, when I suddenly heard a walker. I got my gun and aimed. I shot, but missed. I shot again, missing once again. I tried to shoot again, but realized I had run out of bullets. My eyes widened a bit, and I got my sword, quickly stabbing the walker in the head. It fell, landing beside me. I squinted and scooched to the other side of the tree. I looked down at my leg, and squinted from the pain coming from it. I sighed heavily, hoping that Carl would be back soon.