Chapter 5

I looked at my now dead dad, and my eyes watered. He came closer and closer, and my gun fell out of my hands. He got very close, and I backed away. Unable to move, I just watched as he got closer. Suddenly, I saw an arrow through his head. I turned, seeing Daryl. Starting to sob, Daryl came over and caught me before I fell. He hugged me, and I looked at my now very dead dad. I continued to sob, and Daryl walked with me back to the group. 
        I stayed still, staring at the small fire. Daryl came over and sat next to me. "Was that him?" he asked, looking at me. I nodded, and turned over to him. He dropped his head a bit. I turned back to the fire. I lifted my head, suddenly hearing growling. I looked to the right, to see three dogs growling. Rick slowly stood up, his gun aimed. Daryl stood and walked away, aiming. Unable to watch any longer, I shot all three of the dogs. Carl looked over at me. I put my gun in the pouch and sat back down.
        We all sat the fire, eating. We were all hungry, but I only ate a little bit. I was still very hungry, but just didn't feel like eating. "We need somewhere to sleep," Rick said aloud. I looked over. "I saw a cabin," Daryl said, and everyone looked over at him.
        We walked into the cabin. I looked around, scared of what we might find in it. I started to feel weak and sat down next to Carl. He looked at me. "You okay?" Carl asked. I looked at him. "Yeah, I just need to sit," I answered. "You didn't eat a lot at dinner," he said, looking over at me. "Are you sure you're okay?" I moved my leg. "Yeah, i'm fine, it's just, you know, after Daryl shot my dad... I just didn't feel like eating," I said, looking around. "Well, I can sleep on the ground with you, if you want," he assured me. I nodded and looked at him. "Yeah, it would help. Thanks," I said, smiling. He smiled and I rested my head on his shoulder, falling into a deep sleep.
        "Abby?" I heard, but couldn't seem to open my eyes. I felt some one shake me, and my eyes opened quickly. I took a deep breath, to see it was Carl. "It's already noon," he said, looking around. The cabin was empty. "Everyone else left to go hunt," he explained, and sat next to me. I nodded and coughed, still feeling weak. My eyes started to close, and Carl shook my shoulders. "Hey, stay awake," he said, and I could hear the worry in his voice. My eyes opened, and I looked around. He felt my fore head. "You really need to eat and drink," he said, moving his hand from my forehead. He handed me my gun. He stood, and walked out of the cabin.           
        I kept alert, scared of a walker coming into the cabin. It has been hours since Carl left. I looked outside of a window, to see the sun going down. The door quickly opened, and Carl walked in. He sat next to me, and handed me beef jerky and a bottled water. "You want all the way to town?" I asked, looking at him. He nodded, and I smiled. I hugged him, and started to eat the beef jerky, and drink water. I instantly started to feel better. "When do you think the other will be back?" I asked him, and he shrugged his shoulders. "They will probably be here very soon. They told me they would be back before midnight," he replied, and I nodded. I sighed, looking at the cabin door.
        The group finally got back, and I sighed with relief. They put food and water on the cabin floor, and I saw how little of an amount there was left. I looked at the food again, quickly looking away. I saw the night sky turn black, and slowly fell asleep.
        I woke up, to see that I was the last one up. I stood and put my gun and sword pouch on, when suddenly Sasha and Maggie walked in with a guy. I stepped back slightly, and got my gun out. I aimed, and Rick walked over to him. "This is Aaron," Sasha said. "He said that he came from a town not far from here," she explained to us. Rick eyed him slightly. I looked at Carl, and he looked back at me. Rick turned to the group. "We need you guys to go on a supply run. Stay in partners," Rick said. We nodded, and I partnered up with Carl.
        We walked around the woods, keeping our guns up. We shot walkers as we went. I looked around, when suddenly something caught my eye. I looked back at Carl, who was walking the other way. I sighed and started to walk towards the shining medal, and saw a car and a trailer. I tilted my head slightly and walked closer to the car and trailer. I started to walk towards them, when I heard someone behind me. I turned to see Carl. "Who's do you think it is?" he whispered. I shrugged my shoulders, and glanced in the direction of the cabin. "Do you think it's that guys?" I asked, looking at Carl. "Possibly," he answered. He walked next to me. "We should get back," he said, starting to walk to the cabin. I looked at the car and trailer for a last time, and followed Carl.
        We walked into the cabin, seeing that everyone else was there. I followed Carl as he walked to his dad. The guy, Erik, was talking. "I have a car and a trailer parked about three miles from here," he said. "It would be enough room for all of you." I looked at Rick. "He's not lying," Carl said, and Rick turned to him. "How do you know? Did you see them?" he asked, and Carl nodded. I looked at Daryl, and walked over to him. "Daryl, I think we can trust this guy," I whispered, and he looked at me. "We've said that before, but we have been wrong," he replied. I sighed and looked away slightly. "Not every one is bad," I mumbled, walking away. I stopped at the cabin door. I looked back, seeing everyone distracted. Slowly and quietly, I opened the cabin door, and ran outside.
        I exhaled heavily as I sat next to a tree. I started to cry. Looking towards the road, I thought of how my dad died. "Abby, run! It's either me or you, and you have a whole life ahead of you." I heard my dad's voice say in my head. I sniffled , and looked in the direction of the cabin. "Abby?" I heard a voice say. I slowly stood, grabbing my sword. I started to run the opposite way, not wanting to explain why I left the cabin. I mean, I just couldn't hold in the tears anymore. So I ran.  I kept running, and coughed heavily. I looked up, to see the sun setting. I heard people walking around, and hoped it was Daryl or Carl. I stood, and started to walk towards the noise of people walking around. Suddenly, I felt a pain in my head, and saw an unfimiliar person as it went black.