Chapter 9

My eyes widened a bit, and he nodded. "I know, I thought you weren't going to make it," he said honestly. I looked at my stomach, seeing stitches. I looked at his shirt, seeing blood all over it. He half smiled, and slowly stood. "Daryl has been worried," he stated. "Want me to go get him?" he asked, and I nodded. "Wait," I said, and he turned. "How long until I can walk?" I asked him. He grinned. "Well, since you've been asleep, it's only about two days. The doctor said it healed very quickly," he answered. I nodded and smiled, and he walked out to get Daryl.
        Daryl walked in, his cross bow slung over his shoulder. He sat next to me. "You doin' okay?" he asked me. I looked at him, and nodded. He looked around. "Listen, Abby," Daryl started. I looked at him. "You nearly died, and, I got you something to help protect you," he said, as he stood. He grabbed a old black shirt, and a bullet proof vest. He handed them to me. "This should help you," he said. I smiled and looked at him. "Thanks," I said, as I slightly sat up and hugged him. He let go and walked out, and I threw my head against the pillow. I squinted as I faced the window, looking out into the world. I looked at the door, and saw Carl walk in. He grabbed a chair, and sat near my head. "I'll sleep in here with you," he told me. "Thank you," I answered. He nodded and leaned in the chair. He sighed and I closed my eyes, falling asleep.
        I woke up, seeing Carl still sleeping. He must have been up most of the time that I was in a coma. I slightly sighed, not having much room to move around. I looked over at him, and saw his head move. He faced me, his eyes still slightly closed. I saw his forehead a bit pale. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked him, getting concerned. He shook his head, and slightly faced away. I tried to sit up, but immediatally put my head back on the pillow. He stood, and walked out. Uh-oh, I thought. I tried to sit up. I heard a gagging noise, like he was puking. I squinted a bit, hoping that he was okay.
        He walked back in hours later, his face still a bit pale. "You okay?" I asked him, and he sat next to me. "Yeah, i'm feeling better," he answered. I nodded and he looked over at the window. "I can't wait to be able to walk again," I said. He looked at me. "I bet," he said. I chuckled slightly, and so did Carl. The nurse came in, handing me my food. "Thank you," I said. She looked at Carl. "Would you like anything?" she asked Carl. He shook his head no, and she nodded. She walked out. I ate the bread and canned corn, coughing from the gross taste. "I hate hospital food," I said as I laughed. Carl laughed. He coughed, and I put the plate on the table next to me. I sighed as I threw my head against the pillow, slowly falling asleep.
        I woke up, and saw that Carl was gone. I slightly sighed and tried to sit up. I did, and smiled. The nurse walked in. "Alright, time to get stitches out," she said. I nodded, and lay down flat on my back. The nurse started to take the stitches out, and I looked at the ceiling.
        I walked out into the hall, wearing my new shirt and bullet proof vest. I saw the rest of the group there, and slightly smiled. I limped, in between my leg and my stomach. "Alright, we have to keep moving," Rick said. We nodded and walked outside of the town. "Abby, would you mind going along and taking Judith?" Rick asked me. I stuttered, and nodded slowly. Tyresse handed Judith to me. I looked down at her and slightly smiled. "Alright, we all meet back here before Dusk," Rick said. We all nodded, and went our own ways.
        I smiled as I held Judith. She slept. I was a bunch of walkers, and slowly placed Judith down. I ran over to the walkers, and killed them. I sighed and started to walk back to Judith. I saw a walker where she was, and she was gone. I gasped, and tears fell from my eyes. Angry, I killed the walker. I kept stabbing it, and fell on the ground. I started to cry, and picked up Judith's dead body. I sniffled and looked at the spot we were supposed to me.
        I saw Dusk nearly coming, and walked back to the road. I hid behind a tree, and I saw that Carl, Rick, and Daryl were there. I walked out from behind the tree, and they looked at me, seeing Judith's once white blanket red. I slowly handed her to Rick. He looked at me angrily. I dropped my head. "I-I," I started. "What did you do?!" Rick yelled. I looked up. Carl looked at me angrily. "Abby, can we talk?" Carl asked. I nodded and sighed, as I followed him.
        He pinned me against a tree angrily. "What did you do!" he yelled, as he held my neck. I coughed and he let go of my neck, keeping me pinned. "I-I went to kill walkers, turned around, and saw Judith was dead," I explained, choking down tears. He squinted. "I doubt it," he said, and he let go of me. He pushed me, and I landed on the ground. I looked up at him. He started to walk away. "Carl, wait, please!" I exclaimed. He turned slightly, but kept walking. "Just leave," he said. I watched as he left, and held in tears. I stood up, and started to walk the other way.
        I saw at a stream, looking at my reflection. I let out a heavy sigh. I put my head in my lap, my arms crossed on my knees. "Now, I have nothing to live for," I mumbled. "He hates me, Rick hates me, Daryl hates me." Lifting my head, I heard what sounded like a walker. I turned my head. I took out my now fully loaded gun, and shot the walker. It fell, and I looked back at the stream. "Looks like i'm alone again," I whispered as I stood. I started to walk along the now empty road. "Don't look back," I said to myself.