fifteen; acrimonious

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lilith watched as Bonnie walked over to the table in front of them and dump the bag full of the materials onto it. Her eyes flickered to Damon who stood up. "Now what?" Asked Bonnie, looking over at Kai who had his eyebrows raised at the stuff on the table.

Kai gestured to his bound hands, saying, "can't show you with my hands taped."

Lilith picked up the pocket knife which was on the table and handed it to Bonnie who had rolled her eyes at Kai. Lilith smiled slightly; you get used to it Bonnie, she thought.

However, Damon was against this action as Bonnie cut the tape that bound his hands to the chair arms. "Bonnie..." He said warningly but was ignored.

"Thank you," Kai said, rubbing his wrists.

"Okay. Fine. How is this pile of crap going to get us out of here?" Asked Damon.

Still rubbing his sore wrists he said, "I'll explain... as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10th, 1994."

"What difference does it make!?" Damon said frustratedly.

"Let me put it this way-- Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along."

Damon's eyes flickered to Lilith. "What about her?" He asked Kai, gesturing to the wide-eyed girl who was still sat on the couch timidly.

Kai's eyes scanned Lilith, giving her the usual subtle wink he always did, but this time, he let the others see it. "She's hot, course she can come," said Kai, shrugging his shoulders.

"I could just torture you until you say something useful," said Damon as he snatched the knife from Bonnie, lifting Kai up by his shirt. At this, Lilith had stood up, moving closer to the two just in case.

"If you torture me, I'll get mad, and then I won't want to help you," said Kai, slowly. He looked towards Bonnie and Lilith. "...What kind of person needs to have that explained to them?"

Lilith watched tensely as Bonnie reached over, taking the knife from Damon who had roughly shoved Kai away.

Kai walked passed Lilith, his chest brushing against her shoulder. Lilith watched as Kai sat on the couch, grabbing the jam jar and decided to sit next to him.

"Play nice," ordered Bonnie, giving Damon a meaningful look.

"Stop trying to impress the new guy."

"Why don't you just tell him your story?" Bonnie asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing I ever did, Bonnie." Damon gave Bonnie a very sarcastic smile.

Kai smiled as he opened the jam jar, offering some to Lilith who shook her head silently. He shrugged, saying, "ooh, now I'm listening." Scooping some jam with his bare hands.

_

"I need to be entertained while I work," Kai sang as he picked up a can-opener. He looked over at Lilith who had now stood up with her arms crossed, a bored expression was on her face. "Hell story, please," he said, opening another jam jar. 

"Remind me not to kill him," said Damon turning his head to look at Bonnie. 

Bonnie shrugged. "Maybe telling him your story will take your mind off of it," she suggested. 

Damon glowered at her. "Whose side are you on?"

"The side where we get to go home to the people we love?"

There was a long pause before Damon snapped out, "fine." He turned back to where Kai was lounging. "On May 9th, 1994, I was living here. I'd come home to walk the straight and narrow."

Lilith tried to listen to Damon's story but something about the way Kai was looking at her reminded her of Lucifer, specifically a video he had left her. 

"So, it's day one of the camping trip and I've already made a few friends," said Lucifer, the camera shaking. Lilith could tell that he was walking around the room as he was recording himself. "We did a few pranks too." He winked. 

"Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I'm fine, I miss you and I love you, sorry you couldn't come with me," he said, blowing a kiss into the camera. "I, uh, I also wanted to thank you. Earlier the whole group had to gather together and say a few facts about themselves, you know to get to know each other."

Lilith felt her heart tighten at his next words. "They all talked about their parents but when it came to me, I obviously had nothing to say, so I talked about you, I hope you don't mind," he said, he was biting his lip.

He suddenly made a weird noise before smiling. "I can't wait to come home and see you, I love you lots and lots sis," he said, blowing another kiss to the camera before it cut off, leaving Lilith to stare back at her face in the reflection. 

Lilith looked up, shaking her head, only to see Kai pretending to snore. She knew that wasn't his real snore, she had slept next him enough to know that. 

Damon had moved to the bar at some point and said, "perfect. Our savior's insane and narcoleptic."

Suddenly Kai 'sprung awake' and looked over at Damon. "No, no, no, I'm awake."

Damon, with a glass of bourbon in hand, walked over to where Bonnie stood and stood beside her, staring down at Kai. 

"Let me guess... You killed the pregnant woman."

"Shut up, Kai. You weren't listening."

"I was listening, in my sleep. You were hanging out with your distant-nephew Zach, who you called Uncle Zach because that's not confusing. Plus, pregnant lady Gail, who had a big bull's-eye on her chest. Got it."

Lilith's eyes widened. "Wait, wait, wait, what did I miss? You killed a pregnant woman?"

Kai looked up at Lilith. "Oh, that's totally what happened. Why else would today be his personal hell?" He saw the change in Damon's expression shift to anger as he knelt in front of the table to face Kai, setting his glass down and rolled his eyes. "Oh, here we go."

"The only reason that you're alive right now is because I thought you could get us out of here and you could help us. But you don't have any answers! You're just a man-child-" Damon cut himself off as he picked up Kai's jam jar. "- with jam on your fingers!"

At this Kai's jaw clenched tightly and he faced Damon. "Okay. To get home, we'll harness the power of the eclipse using a mystical relic. It's called an Ascendant, and it looks like this, Damon-" He held up the model of the Ascendant, he had made. "The last time we had it was in the Pacific Northwest-Oregon."

"We?" Asked Bonnie.

"It belonged to my family. So-" Lilith watched as Kai picked up the knife, pricking his finger. "-here's a little blood to get you started. Now all we need is a locator spell to pinpoint its whereabouts." 

She was confused. Kai already had the ascendant, why would he need Bonnie to track down it's location when all along it's on Kai? She eyed Kai as he stood to his feet, Damon rising up soon after. 

"Think you can find our ticket out of here, Bon-Bon?" Asked Damon, turning to look at her. 

"Hell. Yeah."