Fire

Newt Scamander fell in love in one weekend.

He didn't mean to. It was completely unlike him, really. But then he met Larissa Barlowe and the whole world was different from that moment on.

"Do you live around here? This is the third day we've spoken, yet I don't see you after the sun sets." Larissa smiled prettily. Her eyes were sparkling with wonder, but also with something else. Newt wasn't sure what it was.

"I do, actually. I live 2 blocks from here, but I enjoy walking the grounds here. It's beautiful, and I meet wonderful people. Like you."

Larissa giggled. "What, so this resort is like the suburbs to you?"

"Well, it's also a country club, and I am a member here..." Newt trailed off, not knowing how to finish his sentence.

"Oh, of course. You really are quite interesting, Newt Scamander. I would love to know you more."

"Would you like to have dinner, then?" Newt asked politely, secretly celebrating at the compliment.

"I would love to!" She gushed. "We could meet right here, tomorrow at 7?"

Newt nodded, blushing slightly. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. It is quite late now, so I'd better be off."

Larissa looked into the dimming light of the sunset and scooted on the bench to be closer to Newt.

"You know, I would much appreciate it if you kissed me goodbye," she smiled sheepishly.

Newt immediately leant forward and pressed his lips to hers. He thought he knew magic, but now, it had a whole new meaning.

And he was dying to love Larissa Barlowe for many years to come.

***

Tina Goldstein was undercover.

She had made it to England and was staying at a resort/country club under the name 'Larissa Barlowe'. It was a short trip, only a week, and all she was expected to do was shadow some acolytes and gather information.

Her trip was changed for the better when she bumped into Newt Scamander. Now, Tina was in danger of falling in love with a man she barely knew, while still working a job. Terribly unprofessional.

But he was so sweet and genuine to her.

Tina shook the thought of Newt away, blushing at their rather passionate goodbye from earlier that evening. Newt was a very good kisser, that was for sure.

She packed her surveillance equipment in her sling-bag and strode out her room. She hurried down the stairs and nodded to the doormen before leaving the resort grounds.

Whether she had a blossoming romance or not, Tina Goldstein had a job to do.

She stood near a bar, reading a newspaper, when she spotted her targets. Two men, classically handsome, but both with a sinister air to them.

They walked past Tina without sparing her a glance. She quickly followed them.

 They walked and occasionally stopped at places, such as bars and stores, Tina swiftly hiding in the shadows when they did.

After their 5th stop, the men quickly went down a dark alley. Tina was quick to follow them.

She walked briskly down the alley, having lost sight of the men. She had specifically worn flat-shoes, as to not be obvious with clicking heels.

There was a wide, but empty space in the end of the alley. A dead end. The men must have apparated.

Tina sighed a hiked up her sling-bag. She'll try to find them tomorrow.