Chapter 3 - For Here or To Go?

Start from the beginning

She rolls her eyes at Espresso and Madeleine, and says "Well, good luck Y/n". She turns to leave, practically dragging herself to her room.

"Now, go on, heal Espresso so he can stop complaining" Madeliene says condescendingly, which felt more directed to Espresso than you.

You nod, and then concentrate, forming a f/c p/t (power type, ex. lemon. Don't ask why) like energy circle, and letting it land on Espresso. You let it dissipate, and then look at him expectingly.

"Huh... well, that worked better than I expected, not as good as PV's but, its do-able" he says, with a neutral look on his face.

"GREAT! Then it seems like we are good to go, Im sure you will have more chances to test our your healing when we leave Y/n" Madeliene says, patting you and Espresso on the back, Espresso making a disgusted face and pulling away.

"Now, both of you, get some sleep" Madeline says.

"Dont have to tell me twice" you say, turning to the door before halting. "Hey.. have you seen Pancake by the way?" You ask, worried hes gotten into some trouble.

"Im not sure, I can ask Knight cookie, Im sure hes seen them around. You should check his room to see if Knight sent him there" Madeliene responds, walking to the door with Espresso following him.

"Alright, thank you" you say, heading out the door and back down the hallway.

You walk slowly to the two rooms, ready to just sleep. You get to Pancakes room first, and open the door. Inside, you see a certain mischievous cookie coloring on the floor next to a blonde cookie.

"Hey, Pancake, its time to get some rest" you tiredly say, watching as he is startled by your voice and looks up at you.

"Aww... do I have to?" He cries out, as Custard too looks up from his colored page.

"Yes, you can play tomorrow, Im thinking you might stay here while Im gone. Its too dangerous to take you with me. You will have all the time in the world tomorrow" you explain, rubbing your eyes.

"Hmph. Fine." He agrees, begrudgingly, and scoots the crayons and paper over with his foot. He then helps Custard up, who gathers his stuff.

"Ill be here tomorrow morning, okay Pancake?" Custard says gleefully, as he skips to the door, and you step out of the way.

"Okay! Goodnight Custard!" Pancake yells from atop his bed. The second Custard is out of sight, Pancake falls over and is passed out. You sigh, shaking your head while shutting his door

'He is so weird' you think, stumbling across the hall to your room, getting in and shutting the door. You take off your outside clothes, and throw on something comfortable. You fall into the bed, and just lay there, finally able to sleep at last.

"Hey, Y/n" you hear. You roll your eyes and flip around, so that you are facing the voice. When you see who it is, you sit up, and pay more attention. "Oh, Custard, its late, I thought you already left to your own room" you say confused.

He shakes his head, the bright and egocentric Custard was gone. Replaced with a heavy and saddened cookie. "Can you tell me Y/n?" He asks, in a quieter voice.

"Tell you what?" You ask back, matching his tone level.

"What happened to Pure Vanilla?" He asks, even quieter this time, like he was going to get caught. This confused you. You werent told specifically, and you had assumed Custard, the King of all people, would know.

"I'm not sure, I can ask in the morning-" you start before he starts shaking his head no.

"No, they dont want me to know, they wont tell me" he said, "I had hoped you would've known. I dont like secrets"

He turns around to leave, only saying a quiet "Goodnight" before stepping out the door and shutting it behind himself.

Why wouldnt they tell Custard what happened? Was it that bad? Did he die? Now you had a lot of unanswered questions, maybe you didnt want to go if you knew it was a death sentence.

You lay there, very tired but awake, thinking about what Madeliene, Espresso, Raspberry and Pastry had told you. They didnt mention anything past Pure Vanilla being missing.

You sigh, force your eyes shut and place a pillow over your head, hoping that would help you sleep. And despite the thoughts spinning in your head, you eventually drifted to sleep.

°°°°°

"Try not to let that happen again. Intruders are not supposed to get away, do you understand?" A sweet voice said, putting an emphasis on intruders.

"It would have been needless deaths, she was going to leave anyways, I wanted to make sure we preserved the numbers" a deeper voice responded.

"You care for them as if they are your own, grow up" the sweet voice said, this time with a hint of poison and hate.

There was raido silence from the other voice.