28

A couple of weeks after, parents were back from the Honeymoon, and Rosé and Denali were more in love than they could even imagine.

Everything was perfect, from their deep talks at 3 in the morning, to the stolen kisses when no one was watching, to the brushes on their legs under the table... All the teasing, the sneaking around, it just made them happy. Their love reached to a point where they didn't even care anymore about how wrong it was for them to be together.

But when you're in the eye of the storm, everything seems almost too perfect to be real, and you're often not aware of the whiplash around you. The chaos is always there, waiting for the perfect moment to ruin everything.

"Rosie..." Denali muttered, her head resting on Rosé's chest and her fingers tracing little circles on the ginger girl's hand, as they were watching a cheesy movie in their room.

"Yes?"

"I was thinking..."

"Oh, really?" Rosé joked, earning a little slap from Denali.

"Shush, I do think actually, and my brain just came up with a really good idea."

"Shoot it."

"Matching tattoos." Denali lifted her head from Rosé's chest to look at her reaction, just to see Rosé crack a laugh.

"You're insane."

"I mean it, Rosie." Denali pouted, "Look, we can get something that represents us, maybe I can get a rose and you can get a snowflake." She sounded so excited with the idea that Rosé couldn't help but smile. "See? You like it!" Denali cheered, shaking Rosé's arm.

"I didn't say that!" Rosé complained. "We can't have matching tattoos, Denali."

"Why?"

"We already are not careful enough with this, Nali." She gestured between them.

"We can hide the tattoos easily. And if someone finds out, we can just say that it's a sisterhood thing, or something like that."

"We're not getting marching tattoos, Denali." Rosé rolled her eyes.

"What if..." Denali trailed off jokingly, raking her fingers through Rosé's chest down her stomach.

Rosé could feel a heat rising up between her legs, and when Denali was just about to sneak her hand into her panties, Rosé grabbed it firmly. "If you do that, I don't think I'll be able to stop."

"Who said I wanted you to stop?" Denali teased, her hand trying to move again under Rosé's grip.

"Nali..." Rosé warned her. "Don't play with fire. Your mom should be here from work in any minute."

Denali ignored her and leaned in, sucking Rosé's neck. And just when Rosé was giving in, they heard the front door opened.

"I'm home!" Alice yelled from the living room, and Denali jumped from Rosé's side, even if the door of their room was locked.

"I told you." Rosé laughed and stood from her bed, looking for some fresh clothes to wear. "Hi, Alice!" She said, getting out of the room now fully dressed.

"Hi, honey." The woman gave her a sweet smile.

"How was work?"

"Stressful, as usual." Alice replied, grabbing some orange juice from the fridge. "But good, thanks for asking."

"We're going out for ice cream." Denali announced as she walked out of her room with her backpack on and threw Rosé's at her.

"Hey..." Rosé eyed at Denali, who was about to open the front door.