9

Jan was right, and Denali knew it. You can't stop the feelings you have for someone. You can't lie to yourself either. Your heart knows the truth all too well.

It was finally the day of Stephanie's Childs show, and the three girls were on the backstage of the bar getting ready.

"I'm so excited!" Jan cheered, as she was looking at her reflection for the tenth time, as she saw Rosé through the mirror, sitting on a chair with a defeated expression. "Are you okay, Rosie?" She asked, turning around.

"Yeah baby, I'm fine." Rosé lied with a little smile.

"Is she coming?" Lagoona asked, sitting next to her.

Rosé nodded. "With her boyfriend."

"The nerve." Jan growled.

"How are you feeling about that?" Lagoona looked at her. "About her."

"I'm just going to aggressively ignore that part of my life until it goes away." Rosé stood and went to the mirror.

"That's definitely not gonna work." Jan pointed.

"But it's the only thing I can do now."

Suddenly, a man shouted from behind the door, "Five minutes!".

Rosé, Jan and Lagoona shared a hug before headed to the stage. The nerves were high, especially for Rosé, knowing that Denali must be already there.

A few moments after, the girls entered the stage, the lights almost blinded them, as the audience cheered loudly.

On the other hand, Denali was sitting at a table with her friends and Joey by her side.

"They are pretty good." Joey said as they began to sing, resting his hand on Denali's leg.

"Yeah." Denali replied without thinking about it. She had all her attention on Rosé. How she was singing, with her perfectly curled hair, and a pink outfit that was revealing her amazing legs.

The spotlight turned to Rosé as she began to sing a solo, and suddenly she met eyes with Denali, and a feeling of saddness filled Denali's heart. She knew she hurt her, she could see it in Rosé's eyes even in the distance. Watching the girl of her dreams, but with someone else by her side.

Then, she glanzed at Jan, who was in the stage waiting her turn to sing her solo. Jan looked back at her, and Denali gave her a smile, because besides their fight, they were friends after all. But Jan just ignored her looking away.

Jackie leaned to Denali's ear. "You fucked it up, Nals." She whispered.

"Are you okay?" Joey asked her, as he saw the girl's eyes filled with tears.

"Yeah," Denali nodded, "I just need to take some air." She stood and went outside of the club, holding back the tears until she closed the door behind her. She was sobbing loudly, almost not breathing as the hot tears were burning her cheeks. The cold air of the night was filling her lungs.

No one noticed how guilty she felt, they only saw her guilt. No one saw the pain she was in, they only saw the pain she caused. No one realized she hated herself, far more than anyone hated her.

Suddenly, the bar's door opened and Jackie showed up.

"Nals..." She spoke. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude."

"It's okay." Denali sobbed. "I deserved it."

"You don't." Jackie replied. "Come here." She opened her arms, and took Denali just a second to throw herself on Jackie's arms.