24

"Pretend surprise," Rosé whispered to her friends, as Alice approached them in the living room.

"Okay girls," the woman spoke, "I gathered you here because I have some news to tell you..." She made a long pause... "I'm getting married!"

The girls gasped, even though they all already knew it, and also knew how bad that was for Denali and Rosé.

"That's amazing, Alice. Congratulations." Jackie stood and gave her a warm hug.

"Thanks Jackie."

"Yaas queen!" Nicky yelled, making them all laugh.

"That's so cool, Alice!" Jan cheered, "Are you happy?"

"You can't even imagine how happy I am," she replied. "I wanted to give you the invitations, guys." She pulled up a bunch of cards and began to give them to the girls.

"In one week?" Nicky freaked out as she saw the date. "Oh, no, damn. I don't have enough time to figure out what to wear."

"Anything would look great on you," Alice said to her.

"True," Rosé thought.

"You two better start writing your bridesmaid speeches." The woman said to Rosé and Denali as she headed out.

"Damn, we really have to do that?" Denali fussed and looked at Jackie with puppy eyes.

"Yes, I can help you, Nals." Jackie replied giggling, as Denali took a piece of paper and a pen and sat next to her to begin with the writing.

Rosé did the same, and sat next to Jan, "You help me."

"Okay, but then don't blame me if it's a mess."

They began to write and made little chats between them, but Jan noticed that Nicky was all by herself sitting on the other couch. Her eyes were watery and it seemed like she was trying not to cry.

"I think we need some extra help, Rosé." Jan said out loud, and Rosé noticed right away.

"Yeah, we really do." Rosé said, and looked at Nicky, "Come here, we need your brain."

"Don't mind me." Nicky stood. "I'll just be in the corner, having another existential crisis." She said and left to the kitchen.

"I feel terrible," Rosé said for only Jan to hear.

"I don't even know how many times I told you this, but as much as I love Denali, I think you belong with Nicky." Jan whispered.

"You're not helping." Rosé raked her hands through her hair.

"She talks about you like you put the stars in the sky, Rosé. She looks at you like that too."

Rosé gazed at Denali, who was stabbing the poor paper with the pen as she was writing.

"Calm down, Nals." Jackie whispered.

"I fucking can't."

Suddenly, Jan stood and went to the kitchen with Nicky, who wiped her tears quickly as she heard the steps approaching her.

"Hey, Nicky."

"Hey."

"Come here." Jan opened her arms and Nicky shook her head.

"No need."

"I said come here."

Nicky looked at her for a moment, and in the next second, she was crying on her friend's arms.

"It's okay, Nicky. Let it all out." Jan rubbed her back.

"I fucking hate Rosé," Nicky fussed.

Nothing but Sisters - Rosénaliजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें