Chapter 17

Truthfully, Jay and I got into it a couple weeks ago about the girls in his dms. I wasn't going crazy at first because I knew there were going to be girls there and I wasn't pressed that he was responding. But when it started felt like he was trying to hide stuff from me, I got pissy and we got into it.

It all started because I was just using his phone to look up something and he snatched from me.

It was a random Thursday after work, I came back to Jay's place. For the most part, I sleep over at his place since it's closer to the school and Eonni typically stays with her baby father, so I go home at max twice a week, which is fine with me and Jay doesn't complain about it.

I got in and immediately started cleaning. He came home a little after I did and joined in because it was a bit messy since we were both busy at the beginning of the week. My phone was attached to his speakers but since it was almost dead I had it on the charger in his room.

After like an hour, I got hungry so I figured I'd make us dinner. I was prepared to make whatever was available in the fridge but I thought I should look up what I should preheat the oven to. I picked up the nearest phone which just so happened to be Jay's. I only noticed it because it made a noise, announcing he had a notification. I grabbed his phone and unlocked it with my face since my Face ID is on it. I swiped away the notification and went straight for Safari.

I was in the middle of typing when the phone was taken from me.

"What the hell?" I questioned. "I was using that."

"What you in my phone for?" He shot back.

"Does it matter?" I rolled. "Now give it back, I was doing something."

"No, use your own phone."

"For what?! Your phone is right there and mine is all the way in the other room. Make it make sense Jay."

"It does make sense because it's my phone. I pay the bill on it so whatever I say goes."

"That sounds like bullshit and you know it. Why can't I use your phone Jay? You must be texting other bitches if you feel the need to hide your phone from me." I huffed and walked around the island, prepared to get my phone, deciding I didn't feel like arguing.

"Ain't nobody texting other bitches. Why you always thinking I'm cheating on you?" He responded.

"Didn't nobody say you were. Why you getting so defensive?" I stopped in my tracks. Why was he making this such a big deal?

"You always think I'm cheating when I don't be doing anything!"

"Again nobody said you were. The bitches must've told you to let me go and be with them because you're acting spicy," I half joked. He wanted to be upset, picking a random fight with me, so I gave him a reason to be upset.

"Man I don't wanna hear that stupid shit, just stay out my phone," he replied waving me off.

"For what though?! You must be doin' dirt, you actin' suspicious for no reason. Started an argument and for what?! There must be a random earring in here you're trying to keep me from see-"

"Yo I just fucking said I'm not cheating on you, so why the fuck are you still on it?! You on some shit forreal!

"You deadass?! Forreal? You can't be serious!"

"Of course I'm serious!"

"Then show me your phone Jay. Show me you not texting other bitches, I'll wait."