Average Man

{[Y/N]pov}

Clik

Clik

Clik

Clik

The sound of my keyboard clicking, after I press the keys to form words and sentences to my reports, for our company

Fingers pressing, mouse moving, and eyes itching for too much work.

Typing the last document on my computer and send it to the higher-ups, I stretch my body till I hear a satisfying popping noise.
Noticing the time on my watch, I close my eyes.

"It's lunch break now......

What should I eat for today?

I heard there is a new coffee shop nearby?

Should I go there, I'll go find Pao--"

His tough was interrupted by A hand resting on his shoulder, startled,
[Y/N] opens his eyes.

With a pleasant smile

<<Speaking of the devil. Hello Paolo.>>

<<Hi [Y/N], wanna go to the new coffee shop, that opens this week? I heard their dessert is delizioso{1}!>> he smiled with enthusiasm.

I extended my hand towards him, confused then chuckling, he takes it, and pull me up. Now I am standing in front of him, sometimes I forgot how tall he is.

Meanwhile, I am pretty average, in everything.

Average face, average body, average work,

Average life

I yawn while rubbing my teary eyes.

<<Tired aren't we?>>He chuckles again.

Paolo Angeli is my best friend and an alpha. We met when I was 8 and him 12 years old.

Now he's a married man and he's soon to be a dad, his wife is an omega, her name is Rose, she's gorgeous.
They are a cute couple.

A hand is waiving in front of my face.

<<Hello~ Earth to [Y/N]~~ are you ok, buddy?>> with a worried tone.

<<Sorry I am tired and hungry.>>my stomach rumble afterward, embarrassed I don't make eye contact.

With A pat on my back, making me stumble a little for the force of his hand.

<<Why didn't you said it earlier!? Let's go to the new coffee shop!! My treat!!>>
Dragging me thru the hallway, I won't argue because he is a stubborn guy.

Being with him makes my days more interesting, with his shenanigans, he's a hyper alpha with an average beta, like me we make a strange duo.

It brings back memories.

Shaking my head.

∆∆∆∆

|Delizioso{1}= is delicious (in Italian)