Chapter 53

The first snowfall, marking the beginning of the winter met my face with a cheerful greeting. And I was far from the happiness it was hoping me to be. I feel bland and monotonic. My thought of feeling alive again after reaching the comfort of my home was another false hope.

After a week and two days of stay in the hospital I am back here. Even if I don't feel like what I thought I would, it still felt safe and that's all I needed.

"I will get the bags." Jin said to which I nodded. Mom helped me get to the door and then to the living room couch.

Emily had to go back to her apartment and also work on her cover letter for the interview to be held in the next day. Evan and Jenna have been visiting me more often. My dad left early back to India to get to his work, leaving mom with me for a few more days. Dad was planning to take me back to India, which I clearly understood was his subtle way of taking me away from Jin. And I made it clear that his plan was never going to work. Fortunately he didn't press the issue to get to the worst and left it there to my decision. After all he was trying to patch up the tear in our relationship.

Jin returned with the bag and I joined him to go to my room and change to something more comfortable. It was a difficult task, to do everything on my own but I have depended on others enough.

"Call me if you need anything." He said before shutting the door leaving me to my privacy.

I slumped on the bed with a heavy sigh. The room looks exactly like I left it and also cleaner. Seokjin must have dusted before I came. He has done so much for me, I can't tell how indebted I feel to him.

I took a long hot shower and slipped into my pyjamas, not planning to leave the house or my room for the rest of the day. I didn't go downstairs or call them for anything, I just wanted to be alone. And they didn't bother me after I told my mom the same.

I know I should do something rather than be useless and sit here all day, but that is exactly what I felt, useless and pathetic. I hated depending on others, I hated when others see me as I am a broken doll. But aren't they right, when I myself feel broken.

Seokjin's pov

She hasn't come out the door after she shut herself in. I should give her time and space but it was becoming harder as I listened to the muffled sobs from the other side of the door. My eyes stung when I heard her pain. Her eyes which had a life of its own no longer had that liveliness. I would die to bring back her smile and hope.

"Son, thank you for being there for her." Her mother spoke, leaning against the railing of the stairs.

"Mrs. John, I-"

"No you don't have to deny it. With what all she went through you never pushed her away, but held her close. For that I will always be grateful." She whispered enough for only my ears to hear. Her eyes brimmed with tears and gratefulness.

"Thank you for taking her in and loving her." Before I could say anything she continued, "I know you love her, I can see it in your eyes. I always knew about you two. And I am happy she found you, you are the best she could ask for. Please look after her, even when I am gone. I am trusting her with you."

"I really love her and I would do anything to make her happy and that is my word. Thank you for understanding, Mrs. John."

"Don't call me that, you can call me mom." She patted my head with a sweet smile that was similar to Eliza's.

"I know you will be there for her to whatever extend. I am so lucky to have you as my son." I nodded and I meant it.

I will be with her till the end, to bring her up to the top, to present her with all the happiness in the world. I will make her smile and never give any chances to make it falter. Whatever or whoever tries to come between will have to retreat with defeat because I am not letting go of her ever again. Without her I am nothing. I need her and all I can hope is she feels the same with me too.

Hold Me Tight (Completed) ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara