A Promise Never Broken

Lilith Swindle.

Honestly... it makes sense. That women was a wild card. She could make you want her just by looking at her. Hell, I even dipped into her once back in my youthful days. She went for anyone that could make her cry out in pleasure. That includes a girl like me. She also slept with almost any person she could because she had her own obsession. That shoe sales man that I honestly don't even remember the name of.

Kyle, Kane, Kevin? I think it's started with a K. Well, doesn't matter now. The girl was so crazy on power she was getting everyone bonkers for what was between her legs.

I didn't sleep with her because I was bonkers for her, though. I was to deep into my pining for Mirana that it got to be to much to bear one day. It happened a few times where I just needed a women that would let me between her thighs to forget about a girl I was truly bonkers for.

I know, not the most "ladylike" thing to do, but I couldn't help it. And Lilith was there, and more then willing. It wasn't like we became an item or anything like that. We both knew what we were doing. Using each other, and hoping to forget the person we both couldn't have. Even for just a little while.

Now the women I wanted to forget about feels the same for me, this is going to be an interesting conversation for later. I feel more bad for Tarrant in this moment.

When we both gasped at the mention of Lilith's name, we looked at each other. He didn't know I slept with her, but I very much knew he slept with her. And so did Alice. Whoops.

I turned back to my mother after only a few seconds of Tarrant's and my fake telepathic conversation. "So... your saying Lilith Swindle used to corrupt people's minds into being obsessed with her?" My mother nodded the confirmation. "Well, damn."

I never even felt a telepathic aura from her. I didn't spend a lot of time with her to begin with, but us telepaths can feel when a overwhelming amount of power is around. That's how I felt when Ericiza was coming. When someone has to much darkness or light in them, it's so much power that I could feel it from a mile away. I can feel when a telepath is around in general, but there is no missing when someone has more dark or light. I guess, since Lilith didn't know she had this power, it didn't reveal itself until she figured it out.

I'm not 100% sure.

I was taken out of my train of thought when I felt fingers interlock with mine. I look over my shoulder to see Mirana smiling at me. Smiling with the fact that's there's still a chance this will all be okay.

I want to return that smile. I want to kiss her and cheer to the heavens that this will all be okay. But I have to ask. "How long do we have?"

My mother straights her back. It's not to look taller, but to take off the chill that just ran down her back. She doesn't like this as much as we all do. "A month. Tops."

I close my eyes and try to breath. Only a month? I feel Mirana squeeze my hand to get my attention, so I open my eyes to look at her. "We can't give up hope, Emili."

"But Mirana... They sent Lilith to Overland years ago. Who knows where she is now." I hate being the bearer of bad news, but it is the truth. We only have a month to get this overwhelming amount of darkness out of me, and it's not like we have a GPS for telepaths in Overland.

The next person who speaks, I was not expecting. "I can help." We all turn to Alice in surprise. "I'm from Overland and I've traveled to many parts of it. If anyone can help you find her faster, it's me." Hatter pulls Alice and whispers in her ear. I don't even need to hear his thoughts to know what he's saying. He doesn't want her to leave him again especially since he just got her back. If I was in his position, I would be saying thinking the same thing. They continue bickering quietly amongst themselves, but in the end, Alice won. "I'll help you, Emiliza."

I nod my head to her in thanks.

"I'll come too." Mirana volunteers, but this I can't allow.

"No, Mirana." She's about to argue, but I don't let her. "Underland needs their Queen here. You have also never been to Overland before-" Granted, neither have I. "-at least with Alice I can get a better grasp on everything. You need to stay here where it's safe."

Mirana bites her lip in frustration, but she eventually nods her understanding. A Queen must stay with her kingdom. Even when their lover is about to go into unfamiliar territory to not blow up into a darkness ball of hate.

Wow. I need a vacation.

We turn back to my mother when she starts to speak. "We left Lilith in England when we brought her to Overland since Absolem was used to the area. It's been many, many years though and there's no telling where she'll be. She'll have most likely stayed in the country, but England isn't exactly small. Your best bet is to leave first thing tomorrow."

Tomorrow... that's when I'll have to say goodbye to Mirana. I turn to Mirana and her expression matches mine. Sadness is to simple of a word. More like pain. Pain in my heart for being away from her and for how long it's going to be. Pain for the unknown if this next month will actually be successful, or will all just be a waste of time.

I glimpse over to Tarrant and Alice. They have similar feelings to Mirana and I, but they know they will be back together. They know nothing will keep them apart.

That's when I look back to Mirana. My beautiful, Mirana. I promise her the only promise I'll ever mean with 100% of my being. A promise that I will keep until the day I die. A promise I'll never break even if I'm stuck above or deep into the darkness. A promise I'll only keep for her.

"I'll be back for you."