I Do

Mirana is back.

I knew she was back, but I wanted to give her a day to process what I'm sure Iracebeth already told her. It's been- to put it lightly- very hard to control the darkness without her. When I started being around her more often, the thoughts of others calmed down as well. I was only hearing them, forcefully, once a day.

Now, I hear them once an hour. I'm currently tuning into a little girls dreams about owning a pony. A pony out of all things. Way to be original little girl. BORING!

At least it's not a hundred different thoughts, for the moment. I'm currently washing the dishes from last nights dinner to try to keep busy. There's not much to do around here that doesn't involve lots of people or leaving the castle. I rather do neither.

It's when I'm on the last dish that I hear her. I hear her thoughts when she enters, but I only hear what should I- Then I tuned out.

I don't turn around. Quite frantically, I don't want to be the one to start the conversation. I told her the truth and she didn't believe me. I didn't turn around until I heard, "I'm sorry."

Mirana looks like she didn't get much sleep. She can wear all the makeup she pleases, but I know every look of hers. I nod my head at her to continue because I'm not saying anything until I hear what she has to say.

"I'm sorry Emili. I'm sorry for not believing you. I should have believed you." She pauses to breath or maybe it was because she was nervous. "You've never, not once, lied to me before and I decided to believe something I didn't want to un-believe. I had a lot to think about these past few days and when Iracebeth told me the truth, it all came together."

I smile at Mirana. Of course I'll forgive her. She could tell me she killed ever person in Underland because she was having a bad day, and I would forgive her. That doesn't mean I don't like hearing her apologize for it. What? I maybe in love with her, but that doesn't mean I don't have some pride. "I forgive you Mirana."

She finally smiles since she entered the room, and it granted a smile on my own face in return. A whole week without seeing Mirana and I missed her so much.

God, when did I become so mushy?

Before we moved on from the conversation completely, I wanted to ask her something. I never heard her say, or think, about loving Knave. Maybe it's a deep thought she kept buried enough that I couldn't hear. Either way, I want to know. "Do you love him?"

Please say no.

Mirana's smile falls for a second, but returns soon after. "No, I don't. Quite frankly, I don't think I ever did."

Those words were like music to my ears. I physically sighed when I heard them. I know one day Mirana will find love with somebody else, and I'll have to watch it all. Not today though. I'm thankful it's not today. Or to him.

I decide at that moment I really want to hug her so that's what I do. Mirana graciously embraces me back and I burry my face into her hair. I hate fighting with her. I never want to see us on opposing sides of things like this again. Once is a enough, thank you!

When I pull away from her I look at her beautiful face and examine it. Even when she looks beyond tired, she's beautiful. From her dark hair, to her dark eyes and lips. She is beyond the word beautiful. She's Mirana. A complement in itself.

Mirana ruins my loving gazing when she asks, "Do you think will ever find love?" I pull away from her and drop my smile from her unexpected question. She doesn't realize my reaction because then she continues, "Like real love? I thought I could have that with Knave, but now that he's cleared from my head I wonder what real love is like." I can show you. "I wonder if anyone will ever love me."

I do. I do. I do. I do!  I DO. "I do."

Mirana giggles at my accidental confession. I spin around to calm my rapid beating heart. There's a knife in front of me, and I want to cut off my own tongue with it. My thoughts have officially been corrupted enough to come out my mouth. I've never admitted my feelings out loud to anyone, and I just did it to the person they belong too!

Luckily, Mirana seems to think I mean something else because she goes on to say, "I don't mean that type of love." What? I spin back around to look at her. "I mean the love where they wake up everyday and think of me." I do. "Where they look at me and think I'm the most beautiful woman they've ever seen" I do, I am right now. "The type of love where no matter what happens, they will always look to protect me." I literally do. "Where they can come to me with any problems and I can do the same." We quite literally do that. "I just want someone who I will never have to worry about loving me back."

I'm done. "I DO! I do all of this Mirana! How can you NOT see that I do everything you just named?"

Mirana backs up in shock. "Emili, what do you-"

I don't let her continue though. She's not allowed to stand there and list everything she wants in another person when I'm right here available to give all of that, and more to her. "I look at you everyday and think your the most beautiful person in the world. I wake up everyday and wish you were next to me. I've quite literally have protected you since the moment I met you because I want to. How do you not see I'm everything you want and I can give everything you want and more?"

Mirana opens and closes her mouth a few times, trying to figure out what to say. She eventually takes a second to think then asks, "What are you saying?"

Alright Emiliza, It's now or never. "I love you." Mirana's eyes go wide. "I've loved you since before I even knew what love is. I loved you longer then even when I realized it myself. Even when I was full of darkness, I hated watching the thoughts you had of Knave because I was jealous. I was jealous of the feelings you had for him because I knew I would never get those feeling from you. That is all I ever wanted from you and I know you'll never feel the same Mirana, but God dammit I love you. I love you! I LOVE YOU!"

Mirana is speechless. She is quite literally frozen in her place, forced to process this all. Each minute that passes just makes me more ansi for a reply. Each minute that passes, I let another tear fall. My biggest secret is out to the one that it belongs too. I've put my heart onto a plate and served in to Mirana to decide what to do with it, and she just stands there and says nothing.

I can't take this anymore, "Stay something!"

She starts to open and close her mouth again to look for a reply, but I don't have time to hear it. I storm out the kitchen door and don't look back. Even as Mirana yells for me, even as she starts running for me, I don't stop running away.

What have I done?