Chapter 8: It's Really Happening...

Începe de la început

You can only laugh at this. 

"How are things looking there, sweetie?" a voice came from the door. That's right, it was your dad. Although he's supposed to be at work right about now. He came back right away after hearing that his daughter is going on a date, with Mihawk. 

Imagine his reactions when you told him about your first date. With Doflamingo... He didn't care about anything so it infuriated him more. But Doflamingo is a nice guy, you guys came home even before the clock hits 10:30 pm. Deep inside... he's a nice guy... on certain occasions... on certain people...

"I'm doing fine, dad. Come in," you said as you stood up and faced the doorway of your room where your oversized dad had to dunk before entering. 

He stopped as he saw you. "You... Look amazing, my princess..."

You blushed at this and smiled before thanking him for a compliment. You wore a small red dress with stylish frills on the neckline, on the long sleeves, and, on the end of the dress, with the back of it, backless.

When your dad sat on your bed along with Marco, the be dipped and Marco got smushed on Newgate's arm. "Pops!" He shouted in irritation.

"Guararara! Forgive me, Marco."

Marco just grumbled.

"All this for that Hawk-eyes boy, huh?" He asked. "I'm surprised you still like him till this day."

That surprised you. Your dad wasn't supposed to know about you liking Mihawk! You were very careful about hiding the fact that you have the capabilities of liking a boy. Let's just say that Newgate has a way of... dealing with boys who get too close to you.

"Dad! How-?!"

"I knew it when you talked about him over dinner when you just got home from watching his first Kendo competition."

"That's so long ago!" you thought to yourself.

"Well, you can't underestimate a Newgate in anything, huh..." Marco mumbled and you just look at him dumbfounded. You were about to say something back but you heard the doorbell rang from below.

"Nee-san!" That was Sabo. "Mihawk-sensei is here!"

"I passed all my assignments!" Luffy suddenly shouted.

You looked at them with wide eyes and your palms got sweaty again.

"We'll go and keep him company. Go down whenever you're ready." Marco got up with your dad and you gave them a smile.

"And try to calm down Luffy."

You grab your purse and check the essentials inside while things happen below you without your knowledge.

Mihawk stood with confidence in the familiar house of Newgate's. It took him about an hour to escape his own daughter and he was glad because he was on time. 

"Nee-san!" Sabo called. "Mihawk-sensei is here!" He signaled Mihawk to come inside and smiled at him. "Can I get you anything, sensei?"

He was about to answer but then he heard a shout from a familiar loudmouthed student of his.  

"Nothing is fine."

"Hawk-eyes!" He heard a booming voice that could only belong to the one and only father figure of his Y/N. It was Edward Newgate, coming down the stairs with his son, Marco "Phoenix" Newgate.

Newgate stood in front of him but he never wavered. "I am going to confess, I have doubted you, boy. I had a thought that this would never happen," Newgate said.

"I had the same thought too, Newgate... But I couldn't let it win against me." Mihawk said and they could only share a knowing look.

"It's actually happening... How do you feel?" Marco jokingly asked him but before he can answer, the other Newgate brother came.

"Too bad, Doflamingo beat you to a date with her," Thatch Newgate said.

"Might have, but I rather be the last than the first with Y/N," he answered.

Ooh's were circling their minds.

"And I did had a firm talk with that feather brain after it."

"You did what?" a voice suddenly butted in.

There at the top of the stairs stood his long beloved. So close and yet so far love of his life.

The red dress hugged your figure perfectly and Mihawk can swore that he fell all over again. You were here, dressed up so beautifully... for him!

"Is that why Doffy came back 2 days after with a black-eye?" 

"It was a firm talk among men..." He answered.

"Right haha, I'll just let that go. How do I look?"

How do you look? Are you seriously asking him that? You are gorgeous, sexy, blinding, alluring and... and...

"Beautiful... just... beautiful, Y/N." He answered in which made you smile and blush as you walk towards him.

"You don't look so bad yourself," you answered as you went and fix uup his tux that you noticed is part of your Spring Tuxedo's collection line. 

"Alright, Love Birds! Go on! DO not STAY UP TOO LATE!" Marco says as he pushes you both out of the house.

"I haven't heard that in a while," you remarked as you smiled at him. 

"Well, mi bella? Shall we go?"

"We shall, monsiour~."