EPISODE 4: A BIG MESS.

#SISTER_DEBORAH

Author: Samuel Frederick

EPISODE 4: A BIG MESS.

__________

“Chineche are you mad?” Hakeem flared up, fixing a stern, cold look at me. “Are you insane? Are you normal at all? Did they swear for you abi God wan punish you?!”

He was practically moving towards me as he cursed and babbled loudly, so much so that Fatai had to stand up and hold him from coming any further.

“Hakeem, calm down. Behave!” Fatai interceded, blocking Hakeem from me.

“Fatai commot make I wound this boy,” Hakeem shouted, ignoring Fatai’s pleas, but that didn’t stop Fatai from protecting me.

“Fatai I go wound you o, I swear! I go wound una o!” Hakeem’s voice was seriously getting louder as he struggled with Fatai’s grip on his hands.

Just at that moment, our room’s door opened and Timi walked in, frowning.

“What is going on here?”

“Ask your friend! Ask him!” Hakeem ranted like an animal, shooting me daggers, threatening to tear me apart if given the chance.

Timi turned and looked at me with a puzzled face. “Chineche what’s going on?”

I sighed and faced Timi. “I ate his food.”

“Are you mad?” Hakeem barked. “You ate my meat, ate my fish, and as if that wasn’t even enough, you still get mind chop my egg join. You must be mad!”

“Would you shut up?” Timi fired back at him. “So you mean that it’s because of food you want to bring this hostel down? Ordinary food!”

“Timi na me you dey follow talk?”

“I am talking directly to you. Fool!” Timi affirmed, beating his own chest for emphasis. “If na me be you shame for dey catch me. You don’t have any atom of shame! Just have this token to yourself and stop ranting abeg.”

Timi removed a five hundred Naira note from his back pocket and flung it to Hakeem. He then turned to me.

“Chineche, come outside let’s talk.”

Without hesitating, I followed Timi outside and we stood at our balcony, for reasons best known to him. I had thought that he wanted to talk about what just happened, but he outrightly surprised me instead by his sudden statement.

“I saw Deborah on my way,” he revealed, smirking. “And I spoke with her. She said she would like to see us at the joint outside the campus, particularly you.”

“Seriously?” I asked, doubtfully.

“Do I look like I am kidding here?” Timi answered, frowning slightly.

“No! No, don’t get me wrong. I’m just surprised because I also met her today and she never mentioned such to me.”

“Well, that was what she told me to tell you. I’ve done my part. It’s left to you to decide.” Timi said and walked away. He went into the room and came back with Fatai.

“Are you coming or not?” Timi asked, somewhat in a haste.

“Like, now?”

“Yeah.”

“But I thought she wants just me and you?”

“I never said that. Deborah’s friend, Divine would be there as well. Divine is Fatai’s girlfriend. Fatai is Divine’s boyfriend. Don’t you get the chemistry?”