㋡𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"my bad captain" your familiar voice called out with an elated smile and his eyes twitched as he continued his walk to the bathroom.

one thing everyone was certain of.

That was definitely on purpose.

———

it was now the day before the preliminaries. you had been operating as the manager for the volleyball team for just about a week now.

yet... there was barely much progress.

if anything , you were take steps backwards.

"Coach. Can we sub akaashi?"

"Huh?" Akaashi faced you and the coach mid practice with a scowl.

"you want to bench the captain y/n...but why?"

"exactly. That's nonsense" akaashi joined and you ignored him as you gave your reasoning.

"he's playing too cocky" you said seriously at the same time everyone else thought 'they're still not getting along at all'.

"I'm amazed-"

"Plus it would be good if we gave our other setters more gameplay since akaashi already knows what to do" you added and the coach nervously chuckled.

"see that is a great suggestion y/n... but keiji's playing tomorrow. for games like this it would be better to keep keiji in our main rotation. It's too sudden"

he's right. you couldn't help to think in annoyance but feel your patience being tried again when you glanced to akaashi who wore a confident smirk on his face.

"if you can't realize a simple fact like this then you might as well quit at this point. Coach must clearly regret his decision now. Did you watch all those games last year for nothing. Or were you just watching him" he said to you when the coach wasn't paying attention.

somehow out of all his insults, the ones that brought up the former captain always seemed to hurt you the most.

always.

" though it seems you watched him for nothing too. wasting your time-"

"Im leaving" you said walking by him and he looked around in confusion

"what? Practice isn't done"

"I reckon it's just about finished" you said sternly before you curtly hit the coach farewell then left. Akaashi gaped in disbelief only to have the coach knock him upside the head and have him a look to follow you.

"You can't quit right before the match. you'll get demerited" akaashi followed you out the gym.

"hey!" he called again holding unto your arm and you violently flashed him off.

"Why do you think I'd stay here and be bullied by you? One minute you want to be friends and the other you're belittling me in front of everyone. One minute you tell me I'll be able to handle the job then you basically tell me I'm incompetent. You've been looking down on me since we just met. I have been nothing but respectful to you. I don't get what I've done to deserve any of this" you flipped at him from your adrenaline rush.