㋡𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"are you finished practicing already? don't you have to go back?" you said glancing at the expressionless look on akaashi's face.

dead hooded eyes peering at you, slightly frowning lips. like a royal trying to figure out the thoughts of a low commoner.

it felt like he was judging you though you weren't sure for what.

does he have a superiority complex or something?

"isn't it too soon to be scolding me? we took a break. i was just checking if you chickened out" he said casually and you pressed your lips together to hide a grimace.

"well I didn't and I don't plan to. my presence is proof in itself so you don't need to check anymore" you furrowed your brows at him and lied because you already knew that seconds before he came to the window you were thinking of excuses to tell the coach.

and he could tell. he had came to the window just in time to hear your uneasy breathing as you buried your face in your knees.

even now he could see the frantic look in your eyes like a wild animal that had been caged.

"is it that you want me to leave after begging me to come here?" you found yourself saying and his already hooded eyes narrowed slightly showing clear signs of annoyance that almost made you shiver.

"beg?" he questioned your choice of words with a snort then rested a bottle of water on the window sill and tapped the ledge, "don't flatter yourself. I'm just the messenger. the first years would like to meet you" he changed the topic as he walked away and you let out a shaky breath.

it's just for extracurriculars. If I just participate for this semester that's all I'll need to get it on my file.

you convinced yourself it would be easy work but akaashi keiji would have no parts of you half-assing your position.

during practices, if you zoned out the ball would 'accidentally' breeze by your face at an alarming rate. When you made suggestions based on what the previous managers did he made sure to call you out for having no foundation for said suggestions and that you basically plagiarized them.

forget your painful history with volleyball. the dark haired captain and bully derailed you at every possible moment in the present.

"Yo. don't you think you're being too hard on the manager, captain" a first year asked and akaashi stared at him as he drank from his water bottle then glanced to you, who had been watching the others practice with a clearly annoyed expression.

one that came about due to his previous nitpicking.

"hey manager can you pass that ball?"

"ah yea. Sure"

rolling his eyes, he glanced away and began to walk to the other side with the bottle turned to his head "If this is too much for her she should just quit-" he mumbled nonchalantly.

Mid sentence, akaashi was interrupted abruptly by a ball hitting the back of his head and the water splashed his face.

at first there was silence until the court erupted with sputters of laughter from how his face dripped with water.