twenty-five.

Pansy was in the dormitory as she was getting ready for bed when she heard a scream in the Slytherin common room and ran out to see Y/N being pinned against the wall by Tom. "Let her go Riddle" Pansy shouted as she held her wand pointed out towards the older boy, "me and Y/N here were just talking Pansy, no need to get violent" Tom said as he threw Y/N to the side. "I don't know where he is" Y/N said as she rubbed the back of her neck and Draco ran out with Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle with some other Slytherin students following behind. "Well you are going to find him" Tom said as he kneeled and looked Y/N in the face as she was started shaking from fear. "Leave her" Draco said as he stepped forward, "ah, look who we have here" Tom said as he stood up and walked towards Draco. "Rich boy wants to save the love of his love" Tom said as Severus and Dumbledore walked into the common room and Severus went to help Y/N when Tom turned around and pointed his wand towards Severus. "No one is touching her until I have my brother back" Tom said as he turned around pointing his wand in front of him, "I told you, I don't know where he is" Y/N said and Tom laughed. "Good, I can have you to myself until he comes back" Tom said as he picked Y/N up and held his wand still pointing at everyone before he walked out of the Slytherin common room.

"I don't know where he is" Y/N said again as she sat on the window sill of the library rubbing the back of her neck again, "here" Tom said and handed Y/N a novel, she looked down to see a young women lying in a field of thorns, a romantic novel. "I know you like to read" Tom said as he pulled a chair in front of Y/N and played with his wand, "yeah, everyone at Hogwarts does" Y/N said as she placed the novel in front of her playing with the cover between her fingers. "I don't want to hurt you Y/N" Tom said after a few moments of silence and Y/N looked up at the high ceilings in the library. "Then why am I here?" Y/N asked and Tom chuckled under his breath, "Mattheo was taken and I need you to help me" Tom said and Y/N sighed. "I already told you many times, I don't know where he is, and I don't know how to find him" Y/N said and Tom leaned forward so he was closer to Y/N. Tom put a cigarette in his mouth, "I didn't know you smoked" Y/N said and pulled her knees towards her chest, "I don't, I just like playing with them" Tom said playing with it between his lips.

"Can you promise me something?" Y/N said catching Tom off guard by the question as he nodded, "whatever you plan to do can you please not hurt my father" Y/N said and Tom nodded. "I promise" Tom said as he played with the cigarette between his fingers, "and Draco, please" Y/N said and Tom chuckled before looking up into Y/N's eyes. "Draco, I can't promise" Tom said and looked back down at his hands. "Why?" Y/N asked and Tom moved his chair closer to Y/N, "I just don't like the way he let you go so easily" Tom said and Y/N looked at the boy in confusion. "If you were my girl, I wouldn't make stupid fights between us" Tom said and looked up into Y/N's eyes, "I wouldn't break your heart" Tom continued before Y/N looked away to look out the window. Y/N had told the Riddle brothers during the time they were getting close, how Draco was the first person she ever trusted and how he broke and hurt her after he promised that he wouldn't. "I want you to know that I don't want to hurt you" Tom said to Y/N as he sat in front of her making Y/N look up at the older boy, "I want you to be by my side" Tom continued. "I need you by my side" Tom said and Y/N looked down at her hands, "I'll treat you better you than him" Tom continued as he brushed a hair away from Y/N's face making her flinch away.

Tom and Y/N heard a noise coming from the entrance of the library, Tom stood up to check what the noise was before he froze and fell backwards landing on the floor making Y/N confused as to who was coming towards the entrance. Y/N got onto the ground as she hid under a desk and noticed a figure approaching Tom's frozen body, Moody. He looked around before he pulled Tom's body out and Y/N crawled quietly to the entrance as she noticed something had dropped out of Tom's pocket, a tube filled with dark red liquid.

"Dragon blood" Dumbledore said as Y/N was sitting with her father in Dumbledore's office, "mixed with unicorn blood" Dumbledore continued and looked at the tube once more before he set it down on his desk. "Why would someone want to mix unicorn and dragon blood together?" Y/N asked Dumbledore who looked towards Severus. "Y/N I think it's best you go back to your dormitory" Severus said as he stood up to escort his daughter back to the Slytherin common room, "Tom is using it, isn't he?" Y/N asked and Dumbledore nodded slightly making Y/N shake her head as she stood up to follow her father. "Moody took Mattheo, I know for sure" Y/N said as she held onto her fathers arm for safety, "Moody isn't allowed to return to Hogwarts, ever" Severus said as he opened the Slytherin common room and led Y/N inside where Draco was sleeping on one of the couches. Y/N walked over to see Draco holding Lexia's locket in his hand loosely and Y/N's heart broke, he kept it with him. Y/N shook Draco's shoulder, "Draco, wake up baby" Y/N whispered as Draco started to stir in his sleep before he weakly opened his eyes to smile at Y/N. "I was worried" Draco said as Y/N pulled him up and into a hug, "I'm fine" Y/N said and started walking with Draco to his dormitory.

It had been a few days since Y/N was taken by Tom and there was no sign of any of the Riddle brothers at Hogwarts. Dumbledore was slowly starting to let students come out of their common rooms and join each other in the great hall with the supervision of a staff member or a year seven student. Hogwarts had served lamp chops with gravy and mashed potatoes with cherry syrup and soda with ice and an umbrella, for the students as a welcome back lunch. Dumbledore and many of the staff were hoping that everything was going to be okay at Hogwarts, and that Moody had taken care of the Riddle boys off Hogwarts campus.

Y/N walked into her potion class to find Professor Slughorn with a black eye, she sat next to Pansy and opened her school book. "What happened to his eye?" Y/N whispered to Pansy and Pansy shrugged her shoulders as she took out her quill, "I think it was Tom" Hermione whispered to the girls who both looked towards her. "I heard that him and Tom got into a physical fight after their wands were knocked out of their hands" Hermione continued before Ron sat next to her. "I wouldn't be surprised, Tom was trying to kill the man in a cupboard" Y/N whispered before Professor Slughorn addressed the class. "Today we will be learning about Draught of Peace" Professor Slughorn said to the class and Y/N turned to page 157 where the Draught of Peace was written about. "Y/N can you please read to the class the description of the potion" Professor Slughorn said and smiled to the girl who nodded before she cleared her throat. "The Draught of Peace is a potion that is designed to relieve anxiety and ease agitation, making this a particularly good potion if you're feeling stressed over your O.W.L. or NEWT exams or nervous about your quidditch match" Y/N read out loud and Professor Slughorn nodded as he wrote keys words on the chalk board. Draco sat behind Y/N as he noticed the marks Tom gave her when he held her against the wall. "I'm going to kill that mothe-" Draco whispered before Blaise hit his arm, "language Draco" Blaise said and Y/N rubbed her neck, it wasn't as bad as it was before as it was still healing.

All the students were enjoying the gardens of Hogwarts when a loud explosion went off inside the hallway making everyone run away from the hallway and into the gardens as Moody was seen limbing out of the hallway. "Run" Moody said scaring the students as everyone was starting to hold onto each other and keep everyone close. Dumbledore and Hagrid were seen walking up from the hut in a hurry before Tom was seen holding his wand out as he walked behind Moody and pointed his wand into the back of his head making him cry out in pain. Professor McGonagall and Severus stood in front of the students with their wands drew towards the older boy as he was holding onto something in his other hand. Draco wrapped his arms around Y/N's waist holding her close as Blaise and Pansy were standing close with them. "Look everyone" Tom shouted and looked out into the crowd who stood back and hold onto each other tighter, "Moody thinks it's fun to kidnap kids and threaten them to leave" Tom continued as he pressed his wand into Moody's head harder. Y/N held onto Draco's hand as Pansy walked closer to her, Severus and Professor McGonagall were trying to calm Tom down as Dumbledore and Hagrid walked to the back of Tom and Moody holding their wands close by their sides. "Tom let him go" Severus said calmly as he looked at Tom who shook his head, "not until he learns his lesson" Tom said as the next thing students saw was Moody levitating in the air before his chest started bleeding and Tom slammed him into the ground, breaking his neck and instantly killing Moody as students screamed in horror. Y/N looked away with Pansy as Draco and Blaise held onto them and Severus told the students to start walking towards the quidditch field.

Y/N sat with Draco as all the students were talking among themselves about the event that happened right in front of their eyes. Y/N turned to Draco and saw that he was looking down at his rings, Y/N held Draco's hand as his eyes found hers and she smiled at him as he smiled weakly back. "Don't think about it" Y/N said as she laid down on Draco's chest looking up at the sunsetting over Hogwarts, "I'm going to kill him for hurting you" Draco whispered and kissed Y/N's forehead. "He's not worth it" Y/N whispered back before she looked up as Draco looked down at her, he pulled her in by her chin and pressed a delicate and gentle kiss to her lips before Crabbe and Goyle were making kissing noises at them making Draco give them a death glare.