Chapter 2

Tom's POV:
"Ugh. That guy had to ruin everything! Now my soul bond is some random guy!"

I stood there crossing my arms thinking. That's when one of the servants walked in. "Your highness. Your mother and father are waiting for you to come eat downstairs."

I nodded and started making myself downstairs and into the dining room. When I arrived at the dinning room my mother, Lady Wrathmelior, and father, King Dave, greeted me while I sat down on a chair.

"So, how was the Blood Moon ball yesterday my boy?" He asked while tucking a napkin into his shirt.

Seriously? Could've been anything but the ball.

"Say, why were you frozen when we got there?"

"Oh uh, you know. I got angry and Star used her magic. Yeah," I responded with while cutting my food.

"Oh I see. So, about the ball. Who's lucky souls got bonded together?"

"Oh um, I really don't want to talk about this." I said drinking from my cup after chewing a bite of my food.

"Why? Did something wrong happen?" My mother asked concerned.

"Oh no, it's just, uh. Well let's just say 2 boys were chosen as soul bonds."

My parents sat silent for a minute. That's when my father spoke up while cutting his food and looking at it. "There's nothing wrong with that. It's just 2 boys, chosen to be soul bonds."

Then he looked at me. "Do you have a problem with boys liking boys?"

I started waving my hands frantically no. "Oh no no no. I don't have a problem with it haha."

"Then why don't you want to talk about it?" My father asked while taking a bite of his food.

I sighed. "Look, it chose me and some guy as soul bonds ok? Not me and Star. Me and this skull masked guy," I said quickly facing down at my food.

My mother and father looked at each other, then they looked at me. That's when they smiled.

"My boy you finally have a soul bond! It's ok if it's not Star, you finally have one! Maybe you can meet him again!"

I looked at them in disbelief. "What?! That guy ruined my chances of Star and I being soul bonds! I want nothing to do with him!" I shouted standing up from my seat angrily.

"Well, things happen for a reason son. Maybe you 2 were meant to be. Plus, the Blood Moon is never wrong."

I got up from my chair and smashed it on the wall. Then I ran to my room and shut the door, ignoring my mother calling my name.

Marco's POV:
"Just finish so we can go get tacooosss," I said laying down on the ground.

"I want tacos too but this is just soo harddd."

"Star, it is not hard. You're just not putting effort into it," Glossaryck stated.

"I'm done with the book today Glossaryck. I'm getting tacos." Star said with a determined look on her face.

"Ugh fine. Just make sure to bring me a taco or 5." He said, getting into the book and closing it.

"Whoo! Taco time!" I said.

That's when we heard a loud noise. We turned around and saw Tom stepping out of his fire portal thing.

"Tom?!" Star shouted, pointing her wand at him.

"Whatda want," she asked looking at him suspiciously.

I stood behind her in a karate position.

"Ok. I just need to talk to you about something."