36-𝗘𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗩𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗲

"With the rest of the group, your numbers should be significantly higher" Emi told Natalia as she stood in front of her private jet.

"Thank you for agreeing to this, I know this is a lot for me to ask" Natalia replied and Emi just batted a hand, a small smile on her face.

"It's nothing. Besides, we're family, Natalia- and so is Estela" Emi spoke and Natalia just sighed, pulling her in for a short hug.

"Still, thank you" Natalia reiterated and Emi just smiled slightly, chuckling.

"You're definitely going to have to repay me at some point, though" Emi told her and Natalia just rolled her eyes, chuckling.

"Look out for her, and make sure she practises her defensive skills" Natalia told Emi, referring to Amara.

"I'm sure our facilities and training will get her up to speed and, of course, she's safe with me" Emi told her and Natalia started walking up the steps to the plane.

"Oh, don't miss me too much" Natalia spoke as Emi just rolled her eyes, walking to the car as Natalia entered through the door of the jet.

"Where is Miss. Romero?" The waitress asked as she took Natalia's jacket.

"She's staying in London for a bit longer" Natalia told her and she disappeared, only to return with a glass of champagne a couple of minutes after.

Natalia graciously took the glass and began drinking, allowing the liquid to burn down her throat as she shut her eyes, trying to enter a void of darkness.

She figured she wouldn't have to think about the wounds that had resurfaced recently if she was asleep, and that's exactly what she did.

The hours seemed to fade away as she laid there, her worries slowly getting smaller. However, her sleep was disrupted as she felt someone tap on her shoulder- it seemed like they weren't disappearing for long.

"Miss. Maldonado- we've arrived" The waitress told her and Natalia rubbed her eyes to try and wake herself up, stretching.

The first thing Natalia did was reach for her bag and grab her sunglasses, attempting to hide how tired she was feeling- like a mask.

Natalia got up as the driver grabbed her suitcases, taking them to the car. She felt slightly safer now all of the drivers had undergone a background check and a lie detector test- it was better safe rather than sorry.

Natalia walked down the steps of the plane as the car was waiting below, the door being held open. She just gave the driver a weak smile before entering the car as he walked around to the driver's seat.

He began driving and Natalia gripped onto the inside door handle, about to let her mind drift off before it's attention was torn away.

"As a heads up, Miss. Maldonado- it is quite busy in the Romero Mansion" The driver told Natalia as she just furrowed her brows.

"What do you mean?" Natalia asked and he just chuckled slightly.

"You'll see."

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"What are you doing? I'm not having fucking daisies at my wedding- I'm having the fucking red roses."

Natalia walked through the door and her eyes just widened. She always knew Estela would be a bridezilla.

"You're gonna hope you get those roses to me or I might just poke your eyes out with the thorn-" Estela started before Natalia walked up, giving the woman a look to make an escape as Natalia distracted her.