Fuck John Winchester

a/n: oopsies my life fell apart rip so here we are, after i made up another au i wanna write but we gonna get thru this one first, anyway i made a "castiel is my dad" playlist on spotify so hmu for the link ig :P have fun (I also actively hate john winchester lowkey hate mary too but we dont talk about that)

TW: talk about child abuse, mainly verbal 2 instances of physical, talk about jail, threatening actions and words, and traumatic flashbacks also sam crying bc john's a bitch (also maybe murder idfk what i want to happen to mary rn) OH AND RAMPANT HOMOPHOBIA YEA THAT TOO

Sam was not amused with the safety theater that he had to go through to meet with his dad. Honestly, Sam didn't consider John his father anymore. That title went to Dean and Bobby, they never hurt him and always supported him, no matter what. Sam was half convinced he could go up to them and say he had a body in his trunk, and they would grab shovels no questions asked. He loved that about his family.

Dean was still unaccounted for, most likely getting pie-drunk somewhere.

Bobby had gotten the assignments  and relayed them to Sam through messages, with supreme difficulty. After throwing his phone across the room several times trying to figure out how to call Dean's new number which he didn't have saved, Bobby gave up and turned on the TV.

And here we are joined by a surprise guest, who has an alarming name. Please welcome Lucifer to Good Afternoon with Deanna Campbell. So, Lucifer, that's an interesting name! What prompted that from your parents?

Hello Deanna, if you don't mind I would like to keep my personal life private. However, I am more than happy to discuss my interactions with Mr. Richard Roman, CEO of Roman Enterprises, and his sexual assault of many employees.

Of course Lucifer. You mentioned video evi-

Bobby sighed and turned off the TV, this was practically a carbon copy of the interviews he had been seeing all week. Lucifer would be asked about his personal, and he would turn them down, refusing to even give his full name.

Roman got what was coming to him, after years of allegations without proof. Bobby's phone rang from across the room, and he approached it warily. He recognized the number as Dean's through the cracked screen and picked up.

"What do you want boy, you need to hustle down to see your daddy."

dean: YOU LET SAMMY TAKE BABY. YOU LET HIM TAKE HER. WHY BOBBY, WHYYYY

"Idjit, you let him take her. Go on now, I'm sure she's fine."

dean: *incoherent screeching* ok bobby, bye

"Bye son."

John Winchester fidgeted with his light blue-gray jumpsuit with his cuffed hands, glancing at the men who stood beside him as he sat in the flimsy plastic chair. He focused back to the door, from which voices could be heard. He thought he recognized Sammy's voice.

John was proven correct, because Sam entered the room with a young woman he didn't recognize. He attempted to stand up to hug his son, but he was rejected by both Sam's step back and the guards pushing him back down. 

"John." Sam stated blankly. He sat down in the other flimsy chair.

"Hello Sammy. I missed you son." 

"You don't get to call me that John. You hurt us, you hurt Dean. You,, you.. you were a bad parent." Emotion was starting to creep into his voice, which made John grin internally.

"But you're my son ain't you? My flesh and blood? I raised you boy, don't forget. I set you straight." He leaned forward with a sickening smile. "Sammy, you miss me dontcha. You miss your daddy huh?"

Sam stared at his absurdity, before barking out a humorless laugh. "Let me get this straight. You hit Dean, you hit US for no reason, you verbally attack and assault everyone in sight because you miss Mom, and you subjected us to your sadistic games for years, and yet I miss you. Yes John. That's exactly what is happening." Sam shook his head in disbelief before pushing his hair back a bit and staring at John.

The staring went on for a few minutes before John spoke.

"Sammy, you know, I'm not sorry. I'm not sorry for any of it. Because look where you are. You're all smart and shit, and I know I was the person to put you there. So I'm not sorry, because all the good in your life came from me." He giggled at his and sat back smirking.

Sam stood up and left. The woman who had been standing behind him shot the guards a look and followed. The guards jerked John up and he cackled as he was led out of the room to the holding cell where he would be residing for the next day before he went back to his life sentence at the United States Penitentiary. This was the last time he would see his sons, or anyone who didn't work at the prison. His lawyer had managed to get him this instead of death row, which was a big accomplishment for someone who was a hitman and took his two kids with him on jobs.

The next morning was relatively uneventful, with Dean showing up with Sam, and getting insults thrown at him, along with a chair and the promise to murder the brothers when John escaped.

a/n: changed my mind we aint going into detail bc im a pissbaby who is already about to cry just thinking about the plot points i was gonna do so we'll make a list ig

Dean stayed sane by making lists. Lists of why he was there, lists of why John was bad, reasons why he loved Sammy, why to stay alive, why it was ok to be here.

The lists of why he was here had 3 things, Sammy, closure, and Sammy's closure.

The lists about John went on for 50 or more points, including the verbal abuse, the slurs thrown and the threats. The empty promises and the constant fear of John going too far and maiming him too much.

The list of reasons he loved Sammy went on too much for Dean to care enough to count, as did the reasons of why it was ok to be here.

The staying alive list was comprehensive, but not as much as Dean would have liked.

Sammy stayed sane by screaming and exercise. The kid ran and screamed his lungs out on desolate highways, for hours at a time. 

The 3 days took a toll on the boys, and when Sammy was back in school on Thursday, it showed.

As luck would have it, Castiel had quiet time every Thursday during his double period, which he took advantage of by catching up on all his missed work. Castiel used this time to grade and meet with kids who needed help or wanted to talk. It was a good system.

my eyes hurt im done imma go write dadstiel bc it makes me happy okie dokie love yall have a good yesterday/today/tomorrow :3