Chapter 40 - Answers and Ambush

Start from the beginning

____

"I don't see why you're angry. You will never make me your wife. You don't even want to be in a relationship with me."

"I want to have you by my side. Openly, through everything. You cannot do that if you're married to him!" Tom gestured to Casper who sat with them at a table in the library. The librarian was watching them sternly.

"I'm not asking her to do this Riddle," Casper said.

"Well, you're not exactly objecting to it." He threw his quill down.

They had informed Casper of their trip back to Briar's hometown. The trio had been in the library for hours trying to gather information and decipher the note.

"I don't want her to do anything she doesn't want to. But it would help Julian and I greatly. And I do love her, as my best friend. Besides, you pair are immortal, or you will be when Tom finally makes his horcrux," Casper said. "I'll only be around another 50 or so years. After that you can be free." Tom looked as if he might burst into flames.

"Enough is enough. Stop it. We're getting sidetracked. Where is HP?" Briar asked.

"After hours of searching and applying our knowledge, we have come up with exactly zero places of interest," Casper said. As if right on cue to piss Tom off further, Julian entered the library.

"We're not done here Potter, leave."

"You've been here for hours. It's getting dark out. Surely you've had enough time." Julian sat down and opened up a book. As he wrote, Briar noticed he was wearing a bracelet.

"How long have you had that bracelet, Julian?" Briar asked.

"Please Briar, this isn't the time to ask about shiny jewellery," Tom said, resting his forehead on his palms.

"It's an heirloom," Julian replied. "It represents the Potter family tree in a way."

"Can I see it?" she asked.

"Sure." He removed it and handed it to the faerie. Her face widened when she saw it.

"Boys, I don't think HP is a place at all." She smiled. "It's a person." Briar pushed the bracelet over toward Tom. His fingers traced the initial of H.P that was carved into the silver.

Tom cracked a menacing smirk. "Julian, who is HP?"

"Henry Potter. My uncle. Why?" Briar let out a sound of relief. Casper's smile beamed.

____

"Does anyone want to inform me yet why I'm taking you on a trip to see my uncle?" Julian asked as they approached the door.

"Rosier, he'll have to stay outside. Stay with him and keep him out of trouble," Tom said.

"What? No! He's my uncle, I brought you here. I enter with you or I turn right back around and take you lot with me."

Tom gave Briar a look that was basically pleading her to back him up. But instead she said, "He's right Riddle." Casper smiled at this. "He deserves to know. All of it."

After a tension filled 10 minutes of explaining, Julian looked about ready to faint. "So you think my uncle knows something?"

"Yes. Now let's go." Tom urged him towards the front of his uncles door.

They ate strange foods that Briar had never heard of, they were delicious though. Henry Potter was a tall man, muscular, quite handsome for an older man. "Now my dear nephew, I know you and your friends didn't come here to fill up on my baked goods. What do you require from me?"