Chapter 4

"Focus on one certain emotion which is anger

"Focus on one certain emotion which is anger." Klaus tells him as he circles Scott outside their yard. Scott shuts his eyes and focuses on anger, but nothing is appearing again. The sun was gone and the full moon was soon rising to the sky.

"I-I can't." Scott sighs. It's the 5th time he tried and it's not working. Klaus crosses his arms sighing knowing this will take hours.

"Try again. Combine your emotions with everything negative. Stress, school, job, family." Klaus listed and Scott nods his head before thinking of something until his mind went to one certain thing.

"Rose! Are you free for tomorrow's party?" A guy asks Rose out as Scott watches from afar feeling his anger building up.

"Party?"
"Yeah! Lydia is hosting a party for tomorrow and I was thinking if you can come with me?"
"I'll think about it. I'm not sure if my dad is letting me, of course."
"That's fine, here's my number and call me when you are going." The guy hands her a paper and she accepts it with a smile.

"Sure thing...uh?"
"Jason."
"Jason, I'll see what I can do."
"Great! See you then!" Scott opens his eyes growling and on his knees already. Klaus was in front of him staring him down as Scott growls at him.

"Now focus on the positive emotion. Immediately." Klaus orders and Scott felt the dominance from him which made him cower a little. Scott didn't do as his says still growling and ready for attack which Klaus was ready for.

"Dad!" They both heard and Klaus looks up as Scott looks at her as well.

"Rose! Inside now!" Klaus says with worry and Rose looks at him then Scott who was on his werewolf form.

"Now!" Klaus shouted ready to pounce on Scott who was still on his attack stance. Scott soon fell to his hands and knees groaning a bit. The full moon began to shine down them and Scott could feel his body convulsing as he tries to fight it.

"Scott!"
"Rose! Don't!" Klaus shouted as she stops and Rose covers her mouth knowing Scott is in pain. The rest of her family ran out to see what the commotion is all about before noticing the boy.

"Niklaus, what is this?!" Elijah shouted.

"Training." Klaus says watching as Scott growls and groans while gripping the dirt floor. Rose hugs Rebekah not wanting to see anymore of it and Rebekah held her close knowing full well Rose doesn't like seeing anyone hurt.

Scott gasps and sighs as he looks up finally back to his normal self and Klaus was impressed. Normally, it takes 5 days or years to control the wolf inside, but the boy controls it perfectly now.

"Not bad." Klaus tells him as Scott groans standing up feeling his body sore. He looks up towards the full moon seeing it shining down on him before looking at himself.

"What was your happiness?" Klaus asks him and Scott looks at him before scratching the back of his head.

"My mom." He says and Klaus hums nodding his head.

"Seems like you did the first time, but we aren't done just yet. On the next full moon, we will try this again. Tomorrow we can look at your speed, strength, and instinct. Do you play any sports?" Klaus asks and Scott nods.

"Uh, yeah, Lacrosse."
"Good, takes the anger out sometimes. Come on dinner is ready, I believe." He tells him and he nodded before walking with him to the house and seeing the rest of the family. Rose looks at him before running towards him and giving Scott a hug which shocked and froze Scott.

"You did good." She tells him and pulls away smiling before she hugs Klaus who smiles and held her as well.

"Thank you."
"Anything for you darling." Klaus says before they walk inside and Scott still stood there shock before grabbing all his will power and walk inside.

——

Scott sat down next to Rose as they all began eating their meal. Most of course just drank their glass which Scott noticed.

"Uh...are you guys werewolves?" Scott asks and everyone looks at him which made him look with embarrassment.

"No, they're all vampires, original ones and my dad is a hybrid like me." Rose tells him and he looks shock as he looks at everyone.

"Original Vampires?" He asks.

"The very first vampires. That we know of, of course. My name is Marcel, this is my wife Rebekah, her oldest brother Elijah, and you already met Klaus." Marcel looks at him and Scott nods with confirmation.

"I guess you do have some questions about us then and I can answer most of it. No, we aren't afraid of garlic, holy water, or anything you see in the vampire movies. We don't sparkle under the sun, but we do burn. We have jewelry to keep us from going up in flames. I can die from a werewolf bite and a stake to the heart, but these people can't." Marcel tells him and Scott looks shocked which Rose sighs.

"I think too much information fried his brain a little uncle."
"Well, I have to say it since most humans would ask." He says and Rose nods understandingly.

"Anymore questions?" Rebekah asks him and Scott was still speechless before clearing his throat.

"Uh, what kind of hybrid are you?" Scott asks Klaus who was wiping his face with a napkin.

"Vampire and werewolf." Klaus answers seeing the shock look on his face.

"H-How?"
"I was born as a werewolf a thousand years ago which I only found out about 700 and half years ago then made it my goal to become both." Klaus explains.

"You guys are a thousand years old?" Scott's eyes widen the the three nodded.

"Yes and two of our other siblings are too along with our father, but they of course went somewhere else." Elijah says and he nodded.

"Oh...okay." Scott says and Rose pats his back for comfort which Scott appreciated since he was too shock to even continue eating.

"Don't worry, we wont bite." Rebekah assures him and Marcel shook his head.

"Bad joke."
"Whatever." Rebekah mumbles and drinks again.