Chapter 8

"What are you doing?" I shouted as I pushed Michael away from me. My breathing had picked up and I backed myself against the wall as I watched him pace around the room.

"I can't live without you Katy... I can't.. " He cried pulling at his hair. He continued frantically pacing around the room and I stayed silent leaning against the wall.

I don't know who this man before me was but he had changed. This was Michael. He suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me. "I'll kill myself."

"what?" I asked shocked not believing his words. He was crazy.

"If you leave me, I'll kill myself." He repeated stepping closer to me. "Don't think I won't."

"No you won't Michael.. That's insane!"

"Katy." He breathed out placing a strand of hair behind my ear. I could feel his hand on my waist lightly gripping my bare skin that was exposed under my tank top. His breath was on my lips and his smell was all too familiar. I was being drawn into him like before.

"I love you." He whispered looking down at me. Our eyes met and it felt like the old days. The days when we were happy, before he had changed. "And I will never hurt you again... okay? do you believe me?"

I slowly nodded as a tear slipped from my eye. He sounded so reassuring and I couldn't help the love I still felt for him deep down. "Yes.." I whined and watched as his lips came in contact with mine. He kissed me skillfully running his hands through my hair pulling me closer as the kiss intensified.

I slightly leaned back to break the kiss but he leaned forward to keep the kiss going causing me to giggle. "Do you promise?"

"With everything I have." He said picking me up and continuing the kiss. I parted my lips to allow his tongue to explore my mouth as he carried me over to the bed.

He placed me on the bed and spread my legs to position himself between them. He bit my lip as he continued growing more and more aggressive and I tried to calm him down but that seemed to make him more angry.

"Babe.. sto-" I started but was cut off with intense pleasure as his hands traveled down to my underwear and I silently screamed.

He kissed my neck rather roughly and began undoing his belt.

"Michael stop for real this time." I said pushing at his chest. "Michael stop." I said once again firmly trying to get him off of me but he pinned me down harder and tried to remove my shirt.

I wiggled my body and let out a whimper as he continued removing his pants. "Michael don't do this, what about what you just said?"

He ignored me and in one last effort I pushed him off of me.

"What the hell katy?" He screamed as I sat up on my elbows on the bed.

"Leave." I said in a shaky voice. I almost let him draw me back in but luckily I came to my senses in time. I was so ashamed that I had almost let him in again.

"leave!" I screamed this time not caring who heard. He stayed in place so I stood up and shoved his chest as he stumbled back a step but before I could think he retaliated and shoved me even harder sending me to the ground.

"What makes you think you can talk to me like that?" He yelled hovering over me pinning me down to the floor. I cried as his red face looked at me with anger and hatred. But then I remembered; John.

"John!" I cried at the top of my lungs as Michael covered my mouth with his hand after slapping me across the face to silence me. I mumbled incoherent screams against his hand as he once again tried to remove my clothes.

"This didn't have to be hard katy but you resisted." He smirked and I squirmed beneath him, " John!" I screamed again and he burst through the door throwing michael off of me.

He threw him to the ground and punched him in the face leaving Michael to wallow in pain on the floor as he saw the blood run out of his nose. "Don't ever touch her again." He spat

"Hey are you alright?" John asked kneeling down to me. "I promised I would protect you and I didn't I'm so sorry." He whispered with a look of disappointment on his face.

He turned back to where Michael was and saw that he was gone. "what?" he asked in shock looking around the room.

He must have escaped out the window.. meaning he would be back.

I let out a sob causing John to look back at me and he rushed over to me. "I am so sorry, I should've been here for you and I wasn't i let him hurt you again." and that's when I realized a tear had slipped down his cheek.

"Stop.. stop, it's not your fault." I reassured. "No one knew this would happen.." I left out how I had let him trick me into thinking otherwise. I didn't want to appear weak.

"You're okay that's all that matters.." He said linking his hands with mine and we stood up as he pulled me into a hug.

"But if I had been a minute later-" he stopped looking away from me pursing his lips together.

"Stop thinking like that! You got here, I'm lucky you were here.. so stop blaming yourself!" I argued making him face me.

"But will you do me a favor?" I asked sounding as vulnerable as a child but I couldn't help it.

He kept looking at me to let me know to continue. "Can I sleep in your bed with you? I don't want to be in this room.. or alone.."

"Definitely, come one." He agreed and took my hand pulling me into the room he had been staying in.

We climbed into bed and he turned the lights off as we both faced each other. Now was my chance.

"John..."

"Hm yes?" He asked groggily. I knew he was tired and wanted to go back to sleep but it was now or never.

I scooted over to him and softly grabbed his cheek ever so slowly reaching my lips up to his. It was a short but meaningful kiss and I pulled away looking down afraid of his reaction. I didn't have to worry for long though because he quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer kissing me again.

I could feel his grip on my waist tighten as his hands slightly shook. He slowly ran them up my sides and into my hair caressing my cheek. The only thing you could hear in the room was the sound of us kissing and our breath picking up speed.

The kiss grew more and more intense before he pulled away and kissed my forehead. "I've been waiting forever to be able to do that." He chuckled with a huge smile on his face.

I buried my head in the crook of his neck and left a soft kiss there. "I know.. so was I, I just needed the reassurance, buts it's always been there. Just hold me tonight okay?"

"There's nothing I'd like more"