Hello's and Goodbye's

Katy's POV

My life is honestly so great right now. I have the most unbelievably perfect boyfriend, my career is skyrocketing, and absolutely nothing and I mean nothing can ruin my mood. I've been dating Michael for about 3 months now and everything is going wonderfully. He's so sweet, and handsome, and seems to care so much for me on a whole other level than I'm used to.

I just finished my performance at the Grammys and I was the last performer so everyone was heading out. I was in my dressing room slipping my heels back on when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist instantly knowing who it was.

"You were amazing babe." Michael whispered in my ear before placing a kiss on my temple. "I love you."

My smile instantly grew as I turned around and came face to face with him, wrapping my arms around his neck to bring him closer. His smile so pure and genuine it took all I had to keep my composure around him.

"It's because I knew you were here watching me." I giggled and pecked his lips leaving him wanting more. It was true though, I always did better when he was watching.. always. I had to impress him right?

"Oh no no no," he laughed, "You don't get to tease me like that." He said and pulled me in for a more passionate kiss. His delicate hand caressed my cheek as his other was pressed firmly against the small of my back to hold me close to him.

"I have the car all ready, so let's go." He said grabbing my hand, but then I suddenly remembered that I needed to talk to Tamra first, where ever the hell she is.

"I need to talk to Tamra but go ahead out and I'll be there in a minute." I smiled walking away from him with a reassuring nod.

"Oh, uh okay, just don't take too long." He said it in almost an uneasy voice, like he was scared of leaving me alone for 2 seconds, but I brushed it off hoping it was only because he cared so much.

I walked back to go find Tamra when I suddenly bumped into someone making me tumble backwards. Before I could tumble to the ground like an idiot, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, steadying me.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I- John?" I asked, though I knew exactly who he was. And fuck, he looked better every time I ran into him. My heart began to pound rapidly as his hands continued to hold me against him, my chest heaving against his.

"Katy?" He replied, seeming just as surprised to run into me as I felt. We rarely see each other but when we do I always feel something special with him.. I just can't explain what it is.

John and I have known each other for a long time. When Russell and I first split he asked me out on a date but I just wasn't ready, but here we are again.

"Hi! It's been so long!" I smiled, nervously brushing my long black curls out of my face. I'm sure I was blushing and looked more flustered than ever to be so close to him.

"You look great." He commented and I had to look down in order for him to not see my pink cheeks where I'm sure I was blushing like a school girl. Why did he make me feel like this? His gaze never left mine but boy did I try to avoid it.

He laughed. "This is the part where you say ah John you look mighty handsome yourself!"

"You do look handsome, you just make me really nervous I'm sorry." I admitted, mentally kicking myself in the ass for admitting that to him. A smirk instantly curled it's way around his lips; he knew exactly what he did to me.

The thing is, that we haven't moved this entire conversation. I was way too close to him for my liking but then again I was fucking loving it. Just then I heard my phone ring and looked down to see Michael calling. I clicked ignore and put it back in my purse as I looked back up at John.