Filthy Lies

Johns POV

I woke up with the worst headache of my life. I glanced at the clock and realized it was almost noon and placed my hand on my pounding head. After Katy had ran away last night I was so devastated that lets just say I tried to drink my pain away. She meant so much to me, but it doesn't matter because she with someone else. I missed my chance. I just can't seem to stop thinking about her, and that's rare for me. I'm known as Mayer The Player but this girl just has something on me that I can't get over.

She's beautiful and funny and caring and when I kissed her last night... I've never felt something like that with anyone else. Her lips were the softest I've ever kissed and it actually gave me butterflies. But she's gone.. for good now. I drove her away...

I went downstairs and prepared myself some lunch as I turned the news on, mainly to block out the silence when I heard a familiar name and quickly turned around to listen.

"Katy Perry was admitted to the hospital last night by her boyfriend Michael. Further details have yet to be released but we'll keep you updated on her condition."

I dropped the plate I was holding as that news finally sunk it. I was in shock and a million questions were going through my mind. What happened? Is she okay? She must have made it home if Michael brought her? Was this all my fault?

I had just seen her last night and she was fine. I need to see her. I need to know about her condition, I can't sit sit here and wait. Not only to see how she was but also to apologize about last night. I still wanted to be friends no matter what it took.

I quickly got dressed and sped down to the hospital. Once I arrived I ran to the front desk. "Katy Perry. Where is she?" I politely asked and the woman looked up at me in disbelief.

"She's down the hall.. in room 204..." she said with her mouth still wide open.

"Thank you." I said and made my way to her room. I peeked through the window and saw her lying in bed unconscious as Michael held her hand, stroking her forehead. I wanted to pry his filthy hands away from her but badly.. it wasn't my place to do so and he was probably a very caring young man. I slowly opened the door and saw him turn towards me in disgust.

"What are you doing here? Here to save her from me again?" he spat, but I just ignored him. I wish I could save her from him again, but for good this time.

"What happened?" I stuttered and looked to him for answers. She looked horrible. I knew that whatever happened must have been serious.

"Car accident.. there was a dog in the middle of the road and I.. I swerved to miss it but I ended up going off the road and it's all my fault!" He cried holding onto her hand for dear life. "Katy, I'm so sorry. Please wake up for me baby.. it should be me lying there not you, I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry.."

Tears were forming in my eyes as I looked at her bruised face. She looked so pale and weak. I don't know why it was affecting me this much, but I just felt so protective of her. She wasn't even mine to protect but she just had this hold on me that I couldn't let go. I went to the other side of the bed and held her other hand stoking it with my thumb. I looked up at Michael to make sure he wouldn't kill me for this implement gesture, but he seemed unfazed by it.

"She'll be okay.." I said trying to console him, though I had no idea why. I had so much hate towards this one man. He had something I wanted so badly.

Just then her eyes fluttered open tiredly and looked over at me. She looked confused like she was trying to remember what happened when her face suddenly turned from confused to scared in the blink of an eye. She gasped and quickly turned her head to the other side to be met with Michael's face, who now looks pleading and scared.

"Do you remember what happened Kate?" He spoke silently. She just stared at him.. not moving a muscle. It felt like a lifetime before she shook her head no.

"We were in a car wreck baby.. but everything's fine now because your awake." He whispered and leaned down to carefully kiss her forehead.

"I.. I remember." she croaked out as she started to tear up but she quickly wiped away her tears. Her tiny hands shook at her sides while she fidgeted with the blankets. It didn't sit with me right but I brushed it off. I hadn't spoke yet when the room finally fell silent and I figured it was my chance to talk.

"Hey, Katy.. I just wanted to make sure to were alright so I guess I'll go now and let Michael take care of you." I said sympathetically before squeezing her hand. She was okay now and that's all that mattered.

"Thank you for coming.." She whispered, caressing my hand with her thumb as she spoke. I wanted to stay longer.. I wanted to stay and talk to her but I knew that Michael wouldn't dare allow me to be alone with her.

I smiled at her and made my way towards the door. Wondering if I'll ever see her again.

KATYS POV

I turned to look at Michael with disgust once John had left. Tears raced down my face as I began to become blind with anger. What he had done to me last night was unacceptable.

"Nice bullshit story." I spat ripping my hand out of his. I just wanted him gone.. I couldn't look at his face any longer.

"Katy, i'm so sorry, " He cried. "I love you, you know I do!" He said stroking my cheek that now had tears on it, yet I refused to look at him.

"If you loved me then why did you hit me?" I laughed, though not happily. I was still in shock to be honest. Shocked at how the man I love could abuse me so easily.

"It was a mistake! I don't know what I was thinking!"

"You hit me more than once Michael..." I whispered and looked away from him. I still couldn't believe he had hit me and hit me after I had came back home.

I remember it clear as day. First it just started with him screaming at me. Telling me I was his and that I was never to disobey him again. He treated me like a dog before the first strike came. I was so defenseless against him as he stood over me and continued to hit me.

"Look you obviously still love me or you wouldn't have went along with this to that John guy right?" He begged and began stroking my hair again. He was right.. no matter how mad I am I still feel something towards him.

"I love you so much Katy, and when you came home late I knew you were lying to me and it hurt me.. it hurt me so much that I just I don't know, lost it.. but it won't ever happen again I can promise you. I love you.. I love you so much it hurts.. and it hurt me when you lied to me.." He began crying again and I knew he felt bad and it was my fault after all.

I had lied to him and it hurt him. All he is, is honest with me and I threw it back in his face. If I wouldn't have lied none of this would've happened. From the look on his face he would never do that to me again. We all have our days right?

"I know.. and I'm sorry, it's my fault I'm so sorry.." I croaked and intertwined our fingers together.

"It's okay Katy I forgive you.."