Chapter 36

"There isn't anything about love that another hasn't already written before, but then again none of them have ever experienced you before."

                                        -E.V.

I watched Kellie sit in her seat, doodling on her desk. I smiled stupidly and reached across the aisle, taking her hand in mine, squeezing it gently. She looked over, eyes rimmed with dark eyeliner, and hair falling in her face. I smiled and kissed the back of her hand softly. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you." She whispered back. I grinned and rested my head on the desk, gazing at her as she looked back to her work. I sighed and looked up at the front of the room for a brief moment, surprising myself when I couldn't find Mr. Jaxon anywhere.

"Where is Mr. J?" Kellie looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"He said he had to go get some coffee from the lounge. He'll be back in a little bit. He announced it you know."

I laughed and moved to her desk, resting my head on hers as she drew around my body. I released a chuckle and smiled up at her. The sun was streaming through the window near us at a perfect angle and hit her hair, showing the lovely golden strands that were interwoven in her brown and red locks. I smiled and cupped her chin, tilting her face up, looking at the gold color her eyes turned when hit directly with sunlight, the green being overcome with sunshine gold. I smiled and pressed a heavy kiss to her forehead, following it by rubbing her nose to mine.

"You're eyes are so pretty." I murmured, smiling at Kellie. She softly laughed and looked back down at the desk.

"I'm trying to ruin public property, stop messing me up."

I smiled and shook my head, getting off the desk for her to continue defacing the desk. I took my seat again and happily slid my phone from my pocket. I looked over towards the angel of my dreams and snapped a few pictures of her, looking like a dream, hair falling over one shoulder, eyes focused, and pencil drawing against the wood of the desk. Her lips were in a straight line, and her form was surrounded in golden white light.

I smiled and happily closed my phone, getting to work on whatever odd work was sitting on my desk. I was falling behind, only in English of course, because it was the only class in which we were together.

I wouldn't ever complain about the C+ I had, though, because it just showed how important Kellie was to me. She was my world, more important even, than my education, more important than my future. Kellie was my future actually, in fact she was my entire life. And I loved her as much as I loved everything else in life, like sunshine, flowers, family, and friends.

The bell surprised me by ringing, and I looked down at the paper to see that I had done none of the work as I was supposed to, simply doodling Kellie's name all over in different fonts and sizes.

Kellie laughed as she looked over, investigating why I was staring at my paper in confusion. "Don't worry, I did the work, just get a new paper from Jaxon, and I'll help you later." She said, standing up and pulling her bag onto her back. I smiled and nodded, walking towards the front to dig through the extra papers. I pulled out the one I needed, when I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

"Harry?" I jumped and turned to find Jaxon in front of me. "Can I talk to you after class?" I bit my lip and gulped.

"Sure." I muttered, walking back to my desk to grab my things and give my girl a kiss for the road.

"Aren't you coming with me?" Kellie asked, tilting her head to the side as she watched me slowly put my papers in my backpack, not lifting it onto my back.

"No, Mr. J wants to talk to me." I nervously muttered.

Kellie smiled gently and cupped my face, running her thumbs over my cheeks. "I'll see you later, handsome." I smiled and kissed her forehead. Then Kellie walked out with a little waved to me and Jaxon. I slid my backpack on and walked to the front of the room, clearing my throat.

Jaxon turned around and took off his glasses, sighing as he rubbed his eyes. "Harry, I'm worrying about you." I nodded.

"Why's that sir?" He bit his bottom lip and sighed.

"Your grades are dropping." He began. "You're a B+ student, now you have a grade lower. Why has this happened, only in this class?"

I looked down and cracked my knuckles. "I have trouble focusing." I admitted.

"Why do you believe that is? Because in the past you've always had an A- average in English." He raised his eyebrows as he wiped off his glasses on his dress shirt.

"Kellie." I muttered, biting my lip. "I just... I love her so much, and I wish we weren't in school so we didn't have to spend so much time apart... And I worry about her so much, because of her suicide attempt and the shit with her childhood, and her depression." I shook my head and sat down on the desk behind me, propping my arm on my leg and hiding my face in my hands.

"Sounds like you have a lot on your mind." He stated, running his hand through his hair. "But you shouldn't worry about her as much as you do, you have to take care of yourself as well." My head shot up, eyes narrowing on him.

"So I'm not supposed to care about my love's life? If she's having a bad day, I'm supposed to focus solely on me?" I shook my head "I love her, I love her  more than anything. Wouldn't you put your lover first?"

Jaxon sighed and ran his hand over his face. "So I see the teenage bullshit isn't going to work here." He muttered, chuckling soon after. "Honestly, I was hoping you were still in that douche bag 'I'll act like I give a shit' phase, but you aren't." I nodded "So here we go. I think that if everything you've said is true, fuck school. Kellie is filled with potential, it radiates off of her, and you do too. I think the both of you could hit big time, but you're being held back by this prison you're in for 8 hours a day. You're almost free of this shit hole, hang on for a bit longer, and you'll never worry about this again."

I gaped at him. A fucking teacher had just given me this speech. Damn.

"I'll tell you what, to get your grade up, you can write me some papers and poems on whatever you want, your life, you mom, or your lovely Kellie Louise. And I'll give you points for whatever I think it deserves. Deal?" I nodded and shook his hand. "I'll write you a pass, along with your little princess with her ear against the door."

I heard a familiar gasp and burst into laughter. The door opened and a shell shocked Kellie peeked in.

"How the hell did you know? I was silent!" I chuckled and stood, walking over to her.

"It was obvious when you walked out that you weren't gonna let him stay here." Jaxon said, writing out the passes. I chuckled and kissed the top of Kellie's head, resting my chin in her hair.

My little spy.