Ride to Dawnstar - Farkas X Reader

Today is the day I finally get to meet my younger brother in Dawnstar! His name is Alesan. I'm so worried that he won't like me.

"I heard one of the companions might be joining us." I heard the man setting across from me say.

"Really?" I asked confused. I heard that they just ran everywhere which sounds exhausting but they always seem to have energy.

"Yeah! I hope it's that female hunter. Maybe I'd finally get a chance to win her over."I roll my eyes at the man but he continues, "as long as it's not the dumb twin. I once saw him pick a fully grown man up by his throat and throw him across the tavern."

"That's impossible." I stated firmly. I was also kind of annoyed. The companions protect the pale and all it's people, but instead of thanking them we make up rumors about them. It makes me so mad.

"No it's not, I saw it happen." He paused for a second and looked around. "You know I've heard that they are-" He was cut off by someone clearing their throat. We both looked in the direction the noise came from and there stood Farkas. One of the companion twins. How'd he get here so quick? I couldn't help but stare. He's so handsome. 

"Can you move over?" Farkas says in a gruff voice. I nod my head yes and move over as far as I could. He placed a bag on the ground and stared straight ahead locking eyes with the man who was about to call him a werewolf.

"You shouldn't spread rumors." Farkas said. The man looked horrified. I just sat there staring at Farkas. His wolf armor looks so good on him. I wonder why he doesn't wear it more often.

"Is everyone ready?" The coachman asked as he looked back at us.

"Yes" Farkas and I say in unison. Then we all look at the man, waiting for him to give the go ahead.

"I-I-i'm I'm r-ready." The man practically whispered. His eyes were still glued to Farkas. I thought he was going to wet his pants.

"Then we're off!" The coachman announced as the cart lurched forward.

"So where are you heading?" I asked Farkas.

"Dawnstar." He responded. He's not a man of many words. I waited for him to ask me where I was going, but he never did.

The cart ride was silent other than the coachman telling the occasional fact about where we were.

"I'm sorry." The man said to Farkas. We both looked at him. "I shouldn't have tried to spread rumors. I hope you can forgive me." The man finished and looked up at Farkas.

"It's fine Mikael." Farkas assured.

"You two know each other?" I blurted out.

"I had to tell him to stop bothering Carlotta." Farkas said. I nod my head. So that's the guy she was telling me about. No wonder I didn't like him.

I heard a whistle and a thud. I look at Farkas and then Mikael. I screamed there was an arrow sticking out of Mikael's head. Another whistle and thud. The cart stoped. Farkas pushed me on to the floor and put on his helmet. He jumped out of the cart. All I could hear was screaming. It was terrifying. When the screaming died down I slowly poked my head out of the cart and screamed again.

There was a beast standing in the middle of a circle of dead bodies. I quickly ducked down and grabbed Mikael's lute. I heard large heavy foot steps make there way over to the cart. I tightened my grip on the lute and as soon as the steps got right outside the cart I quickly stood up and swung as hard as I could. I didn't feel it hit anything. My body filled with dread  as I realized I missed. I slowly open my eyes. There stood Farkas. I look around for the beast, but it was no where in sight.

"I hope I didn't scare you." Farkas said. I stared at him in shock.

"You- you're- you're the beast." I whispered.