chapter 17

The matrimony took place after more than a week of resting for Rose, there were no guests participating for that reason, Rose felt like running away but when she caught the happiness in Nicholas eyes she almost couldn't believe it... did people really feel happy getting married? It was a cage a prison for heaven's sake.

Rose told herself he is a man, of course marriage is nothing like a cage to him, ''You may kiss the bride'' The priest announced, and Nicholas eagerly kissed her.

And just like that they were married and headed back to Carnarvon, they came back just in time for easter but went inside a little shop

''Bear with me, darling'' Nicholas held himself from laughter as Rose glared at him hard. She don't know when he started being this kind and nice and she asked herself if she truly knew him after all she never bothered trying to.. but this past weeks have let her see a whole knew side of him, he called her endearments and behaved like one who enjoyed her company.  He prepared a surprise for her, but he never knew she would deny the costume, ''What's wrong with it?'' He asked in bewilderment

Rose rolled her eyes, ''How can you confuse a hare with a bunny?''

Nicholas stared at her dumbfoundedly as she continued rambling about the difference with a hare and a bunny, ''Either way no one will notice'' he kissed her nose making Rose freeze at the public intimate thankfully no one saw but then she again they are married... something she still is unaccustomed to.

Rose waited as he bought the costume, every plan she had about escaping came crushingly, she hasn't got the time to think about it when she found his presence warm, that word felt foreign, but she couldn't think of another word when it came to Nicholas, he was warm and totally dangerous.

Its like he threw a spell on her.. she watched him quietly thinking just how she will escape when he is besides her twenty-four hours of the day, how ironic she thought he would be occupied with his work when he even took it to the bedchamber to keep a watch on her. ''You want something else?'' he cut her thoughts, she met his concerned eyes and quickly shook her head, why did he have to care this much for her? She remembered a certain conversation with him that made her freeze.

''What did he do?'' rose asked in confusion after finding out that he fired someone from his work estate.

Nicholas watched his wife and his sudden furry started calming down, he wondered how she could have this effect on him. Never has he ever thought off anything but work besides her, he did not conceal his thoughts as he said, ''He lost my trust and did something that I wont forgive''

Rose knew she would stop asking further but she couldn't help the curiosity, ''What wont you forgive?''

''Manipulation, Betrayal and secrets''

But wasn't she betraying him when they started behaving like close friends... but friends shall not be this intimate.. and god if he found out her secrets.

''No thank you'' Rose answered quickly and plastered a smile on her face when he wasn't convinced, she was okay, he suddenly wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple, ''What do you want to do today?'' he asked and that also changed with him rose noticed, he asks more of her opinion than ever. He even asked if she wanted travel back, since when did she have a word in that?

''I want to visit places.. show me a beautiful view'' Rose found herself saying.. and adding mentally my last memory with you shall be a happy one she did not want to remember him like she tried telling herself because Nicholas was far from the brute and chauvinist bastard, though he could be overly annoyingly protective he had a heart and feelings and cared. He was gentle