Wicked Game

Stiles slowly sat up in bed, Penelope sleeping soundly on the other side of the bed. He stood pulling on a pair of plaid pajama pants as he walked into another room where the keyboard was. Something that he had bought after he found out he could sing.

He pressed the on button and sat down at the bench in front of him, closing his eyes he pressed a key.

Stiles had taken lessons when he was younger, and he had an unnatural talent for it. He played a few more notes before he launched himself into a song.

Change Of View

Hope stood in front of her easel painting, trying to relieve herself of all of her anxiety with each stroke of a brush.

Listening to her music in her earbuds, the song was suddenly cut off and replaced with a piano playing.

"The world was on fire and the only one that could save me was you

It's strange what desires could make foolish people do

I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you

And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

What a wicked game you play, to make me feel this way

What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you

What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way

What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you."

Hope recognized his voice, Stiles', but she didn't stop the music, in fact it made her paint with renewed determination.

"No, I don't wanna fall in love

No, I don't wanna fall in love

No, I... Wanna fall in love

With you..."

When the music stopped, so did she, she shivered wrapping herself in her own arms. It wasn't like her other paintings where it reflected what she was feeling in the moment, whether it's standing in front of a void, a forest made from her own imagination, this one was completely different.

  It wasn't like her other paintings where it reflected what she was feeling in the moment, whether it's standing in front of a void, a forest made from her own imagination, this one was completely different

This was how the world would see Stiles if they saw him for what he was.

Change Of View

Stiles' hands stilled on the piano, the memory of Hope's face replaying over and over again in his head.

"You really are an amazing singer," Penelope told him, pulling on one of his flannel shirts for warmth from the chilled air.

Stiles only nodded, too deep in his own thoughts to respond vocally.

Penelope could sense something else going on with him, so in an attempt to distract him she stood behind him, putting her hands on his shoulders she gently pulled him back so he leaned against her. The flannel shirt wasn't buttoned all the way so when Stiles' back pressed against her front he felt the warm skin of her belly. Penelope leaned down and pressed several kisses to his head.