28 Official Adoption

Start from the beginning

For a moment, Leorio didn't know how to answer. He had never asked Kurapika before, but he knew from what he saw that day at the skyscraper- wait, no, it was only a horrifying glance. And why would he recall that memory just to confirm Kurapika? He considered it immoral to even think about that tragedy he couldn't prevent. "He is a guy, miss. I'm sure of it." Leorio started solidly.

"Hmm, yes, but are you certain?" The librarian questioned again.

"I said he's a guy! Stop pairing us two together like we're a couple! That's insulting to Kurapika, you know that? He tries so hard and he's amazing at whatever he does. He may look like a girl, but he's not!" Leorio shouted, irritation stomping on his good mood. He crossed his arms and spun on his heel, out of the library, pouting as he walked off his irritation. "Stupid old hag." He huffed under his breath. "She should mind her own business."

Luckily, the excitement of adoption thrilled him again as adrenaline surged through his body as he finished his run and leapt through the doorway to the surprise of Kurapika, who was casually reading when the brunette burst in. The blonde yelped as Leorio's hands hooked underneath his arms in a swift motion, swinging him in the air above the happy male, high in the air. Kurapika's heart raced almost painfully in his chest at the thrill and his new instinctive fear of covering his new 'parts' made him put his arms down and hands clasping each other right below his chin.

Kinda like a baby.

"We're gonna be parents!" Leorio sang happily, still swinging the nervous kurta around. "I'm gonna wet myself I'm so excited!"

"Please don't." The blonde managed in his wavering voice. Why was his body reacting so well to Leorio's touch? It deeply approved, his body instinctively shrinking back because this was unknown yet known territory to him, and as much as he wanted to experience more, he was afraid. His reaction made Leorio bring him closer to him before lifting him the highest into the air as he could go right above his head as Kurapika protested in the air. "L-Leorio...!"

The brunette laughed airily and gently put him down before ruffling his hair. "Cease." The blonde commanded as he slapped away his friend's hand. The brunette rubbed the affected area, an ever present smile on his face. "And to celebrate, I was thinking we could go to the party tonight, celebrate once the kids are asleep! Come on, it'll be fun!" He edged playfully, giddy as a child. Kurapika couldn't make eye contact with Leorio as he collected his fallen book from the floor. "I'm not sure." He murmured.

"Awww c'mon Pika! You know they can handle themselves. You saw-" Leorio cut himself off. He wasn't sure if Kurapika even recalled the food fight at the skyscrapers. "The boys can use their nen effortlessly, even when they were infants."

"They still are infants." The blonde turned to face Leorio, the ever present reddish tint on his small face. It had become more apparent lately, and the brunette both admired and wondered over how aesthetic the kurta appeared and what was going through his mind as of late. "Not completely helpless ones, anymore." Leorio countered, watching his friend look dismayed back up at him.

"I still sometimes wish they were." He whispered.

A wave of compassion came over Leorio at the sight of the saddened blonde. He took Kurapika in his arms, wanting to replicate the comfort he felt in the blonde's arms the night of their fight. Though still a sour memory in many aspects, it had a sweet ending that Leorio wanted more of with Kurapika. Anything to feel that deepness of emotion again. His brain hungered for it, and he didn't have the right words to properly convey his appreciation to Kurapika. So, he did what he knew best:

To be the friend Kurapika needed him to be right now in this moment. To provide the comfort and safety for his blonde in his arms, away from the dangerous world. "They'll always be ours, Pika. Our babies. No matter what age they are or what they'll become in the future. Our Gon and our Killua."