11 Gon's Sorrow

Hisoka woke up to panting. Opening his eyes, he found baby Gon desperately trying to fight his way out from underneath the blankets. He let out a soft cry as he became more entangled under the purple blanket.

The magician lifted up the blanket, looking at Gon underneath. The baby grinned and crawled into his chest, to which Hisoka wrapped a protective arm around the infant and sat up.

"What am I going to do with you?~" He felt the rapid breathing of the baby. "Hm~"

Rising from bed, he walked into his living room, placing Gon down on the carpet, where all his magician props were left out from last night. "I'll be right back~" he rubbed the baby's head. Gon made a pouty face. Hisoka grabbed a magician's hat. "Look~" He waved his hand over the hat and reached in, bringing out a white rabbit.

"Ahh!" Gon made grabby hands at the rabbit.

"Like it?~" Hisoka put the bunny down and Gon crawled crawled after it, squealing. Hisoka watched the infant, a sly grin creeping on his face. "Why must unripe fruit be so... adorable?~~"

He rose and walked to the bathroom and washed up, hearing the baby's happy cries in the other room. As he put hair gel through his red locks, his phone buzzed.

"Hey Illumi~"

"Do you know where Killua is?" His monotone voice said on the other end.

Hisoka pouted in front of the mirror. Illumi never said hello back. "I saw him the other day. He's changed quite a lot~"

"Oh? Did he see you?"

"Yes~"

Illumi sighed. "I want to talk to him."

"What for?~"

"I was hoping with this festival we could..." he trailed off.

Hisoka raised his eyebrows. "Do you want to be with him? I thought he despises you~"

"I... didn't treat him as well as I should've."

The magician perked up. It wasn't like his assassin friend to be so open.

"When he was a baby, I treated him the worst."

"I'm sure you weren't that bad~"

"Hm." Illumi grunted. "I'm coming up in the elevator right now."

Hisoka took off his shirt and put on his magician attire. "I have a surprise~"

Illumi hung up.

Hisoka sighed and arched his back. Illumi was never one to hold a long conversation.

Padding across the floor with bare feet, Hisoka turned back to the living room to find baby Gon holding the rabbit in his strong little arms. He pet it gently. Upon seeing his magician friend, he let go of the rabbit and hopped over to Hisoka.

"Hee hee!" He hopped up to Hisoka, stopping to point up at him. "Hee hee!" The magician realized the baby was trying to say his name. He was about to pick him up when the door knocked.

"Ah~" he strolled over to the door, opening it. "Illumi~" The assassin's large eyes stared back at him. The underside of his hair was white.

"Hi Hisoka." The assassin walked in, his eyes landing on baby Gon. He frowned. "You're a father?"

"No,~" Hisoka smiled pleasantly. "This is Gon~"

Illumi turned to him, face expressionless. "Killua's friend?"

"Bingo~" Hisoka squatted and held his arms out. "Come here, Gon~"

The baby smiled at the invitation and hopped over to the magician, cooing as he curled in his arms.