Chapter 11: R'lyeh

Shawn's POV

Shawn: Are we ready? Everyone casted the breathe water spell?

Niko: Yeah. We did that about five times so stop worrying about it

Shawn: Coal?

Coal: Oh. Yes. I'm just a bit nervous and a little bit scared. I mean we are going to an alien underwater city deep deep underwater.

Shawn: Me too.

Shawn started to gather mana into his own body from the environment.

Shawn: Ok! It's time GO!

Shawn, Coal, and Niko jump into the water just at the clocks turns midnight. To passing observers it looks like they jumped head first into the shallow end. The three brace themselves and the moment they go under water they seem to be in the middle of an ocean with no ocean floor ground in sight. 

Shawn: Looks like we did it right on time.

Niko: I thought you were crazy.... I was sure we were going to face plant into the shallow shore.

Shawn: There is no time. Let us just get to the city and take a look around.

Niko: All I see is water. No land in sight.

Coal: I'm sorry to tell you this Niko, but we are in the twilight zone about 200 meters deep. Light doesn't really reach farther down. I suspect we are going to the midnight zone where it is impossible for sunlight to reach. That's about a thousand meters down.

Niko: T-thousand?! How are our bodies not crushed?!

Shawn: As you can tell this isn't the normal ocean. And the water breathing/swimming spell prevents us from getting crushed by pressure. You didn't know that?

Niko: Let's just go... 

The three starts swimming down and the light quickly vanishes as they head to the midnight zone. Kobolds have dark vision allowing them to see even in pitch black however only in shades of black and white. 

Niko: Wait... guys... I'm tired......

Shawn: We are in open waters Niko. The creatures here are alien and will try to eat us. Even more alien than what's normally at such a depth in an ocean.

Niko: Wait... There are alien fish normally in the ocean?

Shawn: Are you high Niko?

Niko: Yeah. wait... No! HEY! I'm just nervous! 

Shawn: Heh....

Coal: Hahaha.... You DO have a sense of humor! Just took you six years.

Niko: Hmpf... I would have prefered him to remain an edgy emo.

Shawn: W-what?! I wasn't ever like that! And it most certainly was NOT a phase!

Coal: HAHAHAA!

Shawn: No! Not you too! 

Coal: Great. Everything knows we are here because of our laughing.

They encounter "Deep One hybrids". They are humanoid beings with fish, human and amphibian-like traits. They have a grey-ish green skin with white stomachs. They have heads similar to that of a fish, with mouths filled with sharp teeth and eyes incapable of blinking. They weld various weapons, but mostly tridents. There are hundreds of them.