Chapter 3

Shawn's POV

Shawn: No. 

Yuuki: B-but father! Listen to us... and don't you think you took things too far?

Right now Ocust's mouth is restrained by ribbons of darkness from Shawn's shadow.

Shawn: I know full well what happens if Ocust tries to convince me. I wouldn't be able to say no. I love you two more than you can ever imagine... That is why I can't let you go.

Yuuki: We have committed. We are willing to do anything to help our friend! Just like you would to help Eric back in the day!

Shawn: Ha. Back in the day yeah. But things are different now. We have our children to take care of.

Yuuki: You always say that! But you are a hypocrite! Every time Coal is on our side then you laugh and let us do what we want!

Shawn: Yuuki...

Yuuki: The truth hurts!

Shawn: Coal brings out my soft side... she'll understand..... 

Coal walks inside.

Coal: Understand what?

Yuuki: Mom!

Yuuki catches Coal up with what happened.

Coal: I have to agree with Shawn. Do you realize just how dangerous this is? We wouldn't have won against FarReach without the Demon lord's aid. He showed up out of nowhere when we were losing and he gave us enough time to recover. He single handily fought against FarReach who was slightly stronger.  

Yuuki: Well now it's time to pay back the demon lord then!

Coal: sigh.... Their is no way around this. Shawn. We are going to test them in a fight. The two of us against the two of them.

Shawn: That sounds fair to me.

Yuuki: W-what?! That isn't fair! You two are basically grandmaster levels! Epic levels!

Shawn: If you can't beat us you don't have a single chance to win.

Yuuki: You're right....

Coal: If you can show us that you are ready then we will let go. If not you have to stay.

Yuuki: Ok. Now release Ocust Shawn.

Shawn: Ok. 

Shawn releases Ocust. Shawn takes out his crown of madness and places a gem inside it as he places the crown on his head.

Coal: Shawn!

Yuuki: But.... I thought you said the artifacts stopped working properly!

Shawn: That is true. But Niko found a way around it. I must put my life on the line to save you all so I'll test you by giving up one year of my life.

Coal: Shawn....

Shawn: It's Ok.... I don't intend to die any time soon.

Shawn burns through a year of his life from his soul to fuel his artifact.

Shawn: Now show me what you got.

Ginzo's POV.

Ginzo is blocking Ishi's rapier with a kitchen knife.

Ishi: NO! You aren't going!

Ginzo: Mama.... You went on adventures too! Let me have this!

Ishi: And what do you intend to do? Cook a bowl of poisoned food and force your foes to eat it?!