Scavengers and Parasites

I'm about to enter the Spear Cave to get Gothoman oil, but I know for a fact that it won't be as easy as it sounds. These catacombs are infested with stalactites and stalagmites, meaning that the cyclops is out of the question, and my seamoth isn't a viable option either as the lights it emits is sure to attract the attention of creatures. But if I keep them turned off, I'm likely to crash into one of the stone towers, possibly causing untold damages to my vehicle. This only leaves me with the prawn suit. At least it seems to be a good option; although its lights will also attract some unwanted attention, its drill arm attachment should allow me to fight back.

I may be taking a lot of precautions for entering an area where almost everything is a scavenger, but the simple fact of the matter is that I have yet to explore the entire cave system, so who knows what else might be living there.

I might as well review the scavengers and parasites of the area since I'll have to deal with them soon enough.

Escamdevor

Roughly translating to"Meat Devourer" in Latin, Escamdevor is one of the strangest creatures on planet 4546B

They're protected by a thick carapace, allowing them to move around the Spear Cave in relative safety. The armor is also split into multiple segments, making them surprisingly flexible.

Just like snails on Earth, Escamdevors have a single foot which makes them very slow, but since they feed entirely on the carcasses of creatures whose bodies have sunken into their cave, speed isn't a real concern for them.

Escamdevors have long protrusions on their heads which they use to immobilize pieces of meat. They then use their extendable proboscis to grab and swallow their food.

These bizarre creatures also have two massive compound eyes, giving them a wider field of vision, but apparently that wasn't enough since evolution gave them the ability to make their eyes pop out of their head thanks to hidden eyestalks, allowing them to see in all directions at once.

Despite their somewhat frightening appearance, these 4 meter long creatures are completely harmless to living things.

Bone Treader