Chapter 34 - Making Plans

Start from the beginning

"Yeah.." Hina replies sheepishly. "We wanted to see you two." 

I chuckle at their expressions. 'All of them look so cute now..' I smile.

"I was just helping him out." I tell the truth to them. 

"So it wasn't a date?" Yuzuha asks and I nod at her.

'Our ship is still safe..' The three of them think in unison while sighing in relief.

'Eh? Why do they look so relieved?' I look at them confused.

"I know! We should meet up this coming Saturday! Spend some time with just us girls and talk about life together!" Emma says excitedly, clapping her hands together.

"Yeah! We can meet up at my place!" Hina cheerfully adds.

"Uhm.." I speak cautiously, not wanting to ruin the jolly atmosphere. "I actually have plans with a friend that day.." 

"Really?" Emma pouts. "Is it someone we know? A date..?"

"No no!" I reply flustered. "It's a childhood friend of mine. Her name's Sakura."

"We can invite her as well then!" Yuzuha beams and I can't bring myself to refuse these three anticipating faces. 

"I.. uhm.. I'll ask her and if she's okay with it.."

"Yayy!" The three of them cheer in unison.

"Oh, sorry for not asking. I just realised." Yuzuha says to me after the short cheering ceremony they just did. "What kind of plans did you have? If it's okay, we can do it together as well!"

"It's nothing much really." I smile. "We usually celebrate my birthday by hanging out together like this."

"....."

An awkward silence surrounds us and I slightly tilt my head, confused at the atmosphere.

"Birthday?!?!" The three of them shout, making the people around the road look at us weirdly.

I smile and nod my head. 

"This Saturday?" Hina asks to confirm.

"Yup!" I nod again while replying.

"Why didn't you tell us about your birthday?" Emma whines. 

"No one's ever asked though.. And I don't really put much importance on it as well.. It's just getting one year older.." I start to ramble a bit but Yuzuha places a hand to cover my mouth and stop me from speaking.

"We need to celebrate! You have to come over and we will celebrate together." Hina grabs my arms and looks at me with puppy eyes. "I.. I still need to ask Sakura." I stutter a bit at their adorableness. 'Ugh.. these cute people..'

"I'm sure she'll understand. Won't it be fun celebrating together?" Yuzuha questions. 'I mean.. I did plan to introduce the girls to Sakura as well.. but I didn't think it would be so early..'

"...Okay." I say after pondering for a brief moment. 'Sakura will definitely enjoy the company. She always tells me how I should try celebrating my birthday with more friends anyway..'

The three girls in front of me smile victoriously. "I'll text you after I ask her." I say to them and they excitedly nod in agreement.