Chapter 18 - Partners

[ A/N: I accidentally deleted this chapter right after publishing it so I re-wrote it from my memory 😃🔫 ]

______________________

Present Day(2017)

Takemichi looks in the mirror, only to find himself looking completely different from the times when he went to the present before. An expensive watch, a top-class bag, a different hairstyle, he didn't look like himself at all.

He sits in the car while feeling confused about the present situation. He decides to call Naoto but he realised that he didn't have his number. Looking at his phone, he remembers the favour Aoi asked of him and quickly looks up 'Ito Sakura' in the search portal.

"Ito Sakura, the niece of Ito Akio named director of Tokyo Hospital, psychology division."

"Meet the youngest director till date for Tokyo Hospital, Ms. Ito Sakura!"

He sighs in relief as he sees that Aoi's friend was doing just fine. He scrolls to look at some more news when he sees something horrifying.

"Ms. Ito Sakura, absent from the opening ceremony for the new branch of Tokyo Hospital."

"Whereabouts unknown for 2 weeks already: Where is Ito Sakura?"

'This couldn't possibly be related to Toman, could it...?'

Making his way to the high-class apartment complex, Takemichi realises that he is now a top admin of Toman.

Looking at the several familiar faces of Toman, and some new people who are supposedly the ex members of Black Dragon, Takemichi along with Chifuyu get called by Kisaki.

"Takemichi, Chifuyu, what do you think of me?" Kisaki asks. "You hate me, don't you? It was around this time, twelve years ago... when Baji died. That was all... my fault."

"I set up Bloody Halloween." He suddenly confesses to the two of them. Admitting his mistake and how his desire for power blinded him, he sincerely expresses his regret. He says that he didn't expect Baji to die and bows his head to apologise.

'This is unexpected...'  Takemichi thinks to himself. 'Kisaki's changed... he's a decent guy now. Could this.. actually be a good future?'

Offering them a drink, Kisaki asks if he could say one last thing to the two of them. "Earlier... everything I said... How I said I didn't think Baji would end up dead...