Chapter 24 - Sakura

I switch my phone on, only to be greeted by dozens of messages and missed calls.

Takashi

I heard about Taiju from Hakkai.

Are you okay?

Mikey

Aoi-chinnnnnn 

Whereee

areee

youuuu

Takemicchi

I'm sorry.. they found out about you getting hurt..

It wasn't me though!

Hakkai told the captains about Taiju!

I chuckle at the worried messages and reply to all of them, telling them that I'm fine. Immediately after, I call my mom, telling her that I will be staying with Sakura for the night. I can't go back home looking like this or mom and dad will get worried sick.

Looking at the paper Ran gave me, I just crumple it up and put it back in my pocket. 'It's not like I'm going to meet him again..'

.

.

.

I'm greeted with an ever so worried Sakura when I enter her house. 

"What happened?!!" She asks while looking at my bandaged state. 

"I fell down...?" I chuckle and she just smacks my arms.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Miss Suzuki Aoi." She folds her arms and I just laugh at her cuteness. 

"Hai Hai~ Can I change into some of your clothes first? I feel dirty in these." I show her some of the blood stains on my shirt and she immediately gasps, practically shoving me into her bathroom to take a shower. 

After the shower, I fix up my wounds again and look for Sakura, only to find her in the kitchen. Her parents are usually out of town due to business, so she's almost always alone at her home. 

"What are you making?" I sneak up behind her and take a peek.

"Curry." She curtly replies. 

"Aww~ Are you angry at me?" I coo at her playfully.

"Of course I am! Look at you! You suddenly say that you're coming to my house this late at night. And when I see you, you're all injured. You didn't even tell me anything!" She huffs in annoyance.

I try to control my chuckle but they slightly escape my lips. "And now you're laughing?! Go away. I won't give you any food." She pouts and stirs the curry.

"Sakura~ You really sound like my wife right now." I joke. "And you're the bastard husband who's coming home late at night and worrying me." She adds.

Both of us stare at each other for a while and.. burst out laughing.

"Should I call you my wifey now?" 

"Okay hubby~"

"Ew. Why are we like this again?" I chuckle and make a disgusted face.