SleepOver

The first week of school had passed and Toni was feeling good. She had gotten extremely close with Tionne and Alex and was even closer to Kenny.

Tionne and Toni were at Toni's house just hanging out. 

"How about this. We have a sleepover tomorrow to prepare for tryouts and then we can ride to school together Monday."  Tionne asked

"That sounds fun. I'll text Alex and see if she's down."

"Toni. I want chips." Jacie said as she came running down the stairs

"Sure you can have chips. But you gotta ask the right way." Toni told her

"Umm. Oh! Toni can I please have some chips?" She said with puppy dog eyes making Toni and Tionne chuckle.

"Yes. Now you can have some come on." She grabbed her hand and walked with her to the kitchen

Tionne watched in awe as Toni lifted Jacie up and Jacie picked her favorite flavor of chips from the variety on top of the fridge. She put her down and spun her around then Jacie ran back upstairs to her room.

"Wow I wish I liked my siblings that much. Most of the time I just wanna choke them." Tionne joked as Toni came and sat back down.

"You're so silly. Me and Jacie have been super close since the day she was born. My mom is always working and my dad isn't around so it's just me and her all the time."

"Well she's a cutie, and your so patient with her. I don't know how you do it." Tionne said popping a chip into her mouth

"Yea me either sometimes."

The Next Night.......

Tionne, Toni and Alex were all in the middle of Toni's living room. Alex was teaching Toni the cheers and Tionne was going to teach her the dance combo after.

"Toni it's a really simple cheer. All it is is Let's go Tigers and a clap and a High V."

"Umm let's go tigers." Toni looked back at Tionne who burst out laughing

"Y'all this is harder than I thought, maybe I shouldn't tryout." Toni said flopping onto the couch

"No don't give up. Bg the end of the weekend, you'll be a natural." Alex said while Tionne nodded

"I hope so."

About 30 minutes had passed an Toni finally got the cheer perfect. Tionne was in the middle of teaching the dance until her door bell rang.

"Alex could you get that, if you don't mind." Toni asked

"Sure no prob."

A few seconds later Alex came back with Jade in tow.

"Look who's here guys." Alex said as an awkward silence grew over the girls

"I asked Alex to come sense she's one of the best on the team." Alex gave a smirk "Is that ok with you Toni?"

"Umm sure. The more the merrier." She pushed out a smile

The girls went back to practicing with Jade joining in and soon they had all felt pretty good about the routine. They decided to go over a few other things that would be required at tryouts.

"Toniiiii. I went in your room and you weren't there." Everyone looked at the top of the stairs where a sleepy Jacie stood holding her teddy bear.

"Aww Toni she's so cute. I wish I had a little sister." Alex cooed

Jacie came all the way down the stairs and Toni picked her up.

"I'm sorry princess. I forgot to tell you that I have friends that are gonna stay the night with us. Do you think you can sleep in your own bed tonight? I'll turn your night light in for you." Jacie nodded and put her head on Toni's shoulder.

Toni turned to the girls. "Im gonna go out her to bed. You guys are free to take a look around the house and maybe we can do a tour when I get back."

"Sure sound fun." Alex agreed

Toni headed up stairs towards Jacie's room while the girls pre-toured the house.

They spent ten minutes walking through the house mostly looking at pictures and wandering into rooms. They had made their way upstairs and heard singing. They ended up following the singing which led them to Jacie's room.

They stood on the side of the door and watched Toni with Jacie. Toni sang to her while rubbing her head until she fell asleep.

"What is she her mother?" Jade whispered sarcastically

"Some people happen to like their siblings." Alex said

"I don't like mine." Jade protested

"You don't like anybody." Tionne said

"Fair enough."

Once she was sure Jacie was asleep Toni turned in her night light, kissed her on the forehead and headed out.

The girls quickly dispersed before she could see them. They walked down the hall like they hadn't just been standing there before.

"You guys ready for the tour?"

"Sure. Let's do it." Tionne said

Toni walked them around the house pointing out pictures and little sentimental items. Sometimes she'd stop and explain little backstories to the items. The last stop was her room.

"Wow Toni your role is dope. You really know how to decorate." Alex said as she looked around

"Thanks." Toni said plopping onto her bed.

The girls admired her artwork on the walls and her little trinkets and things on her shelves and dressers. Alex came across a little box on her shelf.

"Oh this is so pretty. Is it a jewelry box?" Alex said as she started to lift the lid.

"DONT TOUCH THAT!" Toni yelled as she snatched the box away from Alex.

Everyone looked at her puzzled.

"Sorry. It's just my grandmother made this for me and it's really fragile. It's one of the only things I have left from her." She said as she took the box to her closet and sat it on the top shelf.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." Alex apologized

"It's fine. You couldn't have known. Sorry for yelling at you." She said

"It's ok." Alex judged her playfully making her smile.

The girls spent the rest of the night gossiping, laughing and telling stories. Even Jade joined in. They eventually fell asleep around 4 in the morning.