Proud - Nat [ANGST]

Hey besties sorry I've been gone a while. A lot has happened but I enjoyed writing about my emotions.

Also this font in the chapter means your on a phone call. Ty besties
————————————————————

NO ONES POV

Y/n: Hello?

?: Hello is this Y/n Y/l/n?

Y/n: yes, speaking why?

?: Hello, sorry to be calling on bad news however this is the hospital calling from the ICU ward. It's about your dad he was rushed into us a few hours ago with an internal bleed that we haven't been able to stop as of yet but you can either come to us or wait on further updates but keep your phone on as this is an urgent case.

Y/n: thank you when I know more I will come in to talk more in detail.

Hospital: no worries totally understand and again sorry to be calling on bad terms

* CALL ENDED*

Y/n dropped the phone after hearing the call ending. She collapsed to the floor tears streaming down her face, her vision was blurred from the tears in her eyes and she just zoned out and couldn't hear boss talking to her.

Boss: y/n! Are you okay? Whatever it is give me a call in the morning and speak to me then. I'll call Natasha and get her to pick you up, if you want?

Y/n: no it's ok I'll drive home thank you so much. It's too much to deal with at the moment but I'll speak to Nat.

With that y/n got off the floor grabbed her keys and left work. She was working nights and got off 2 hours into her shift, she was just looking forward to being comforted by her girlfriend as all she needs is the be intoxicated by her smell and wrapped in her arms to feel safe again as she feels so vulnerable and exposed.

Y/n got to her car and connected her phone to her car, she sat there totally numb and trying to process what she had just been told. She text Nat saying she was on her way home, opened Spotify and put on her favourite playlist but started with Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish.

Y/n felt so conflicted about her dad because yes she had some great memories and times with her dad but she also went though a lot of trauma with him.

TIME SKIP
NATS POV

My phone dinged and I noticed it was y/n. I read her message that she was coming home and I started to feel worried as she never left work never, even if she had a panic attack she would still stay, even though me and her boss told her she should come home anytime it happened.

I sat myself on the sofa facing the front door to our apartment and waited for her to come home. About 5 minutes later I heard the door being unlocked, the door opens slowly and I just see her stood there with red eyes and tear stained cheeks. I move over to her slowly to bring her inside.

Nat: baby, what's happened? Why are you from home so early?

Y/n: erm, I-

Y/n just breaks down my instincts kick in and I run to her side and wrap my arms around her and starts sobbing which breaks my heart into a million pieces which hurts more as I know she must be hurting so much.

Nat: shhh, baby it's ok, come on let's go to the sofa yeah?

I pick my heartbroken girlfriend up carry her to the sofa and cuddle with her and trying to steady her breathe as she started to have a panic attack.

Y/n: my dad, he is in hospital.

Nat: ah baby, I'm sorry do you want to go to the hospital?

Y/n: I said I would wait till I have another update, as I don't want to be worrying with the smallest information.