32. butter his toast

Start from the beginning

Jungkook had to admit that it was a pleasant residence, the kitchen was placed only a few feet away from behind the couches. A large kitchen island bearing the sink and other cabinets on its marbled design.

The two of them settled into her cozy home, Devora removing her leather jacket and boots to get settled in.

She set her bag down on the wall mount by the side of the door, "You can leave your things down wherever, it doesn't matter." Trying to be a good host.

Jungkook respected her clean floors, leaving his shoes by the front door near her boots.

He took a peek at her thick stack of multiple records on the shelf below the TV, learning about all the music she listened to.

His fingers pushed gently past them as he studied the artists and album covers.

'Ariana Grande, J.cole, Frank Sinatra, Muse.' Jungkook read the names in his head, fascinated by the wide variety of music she had.

It went from Pop all the way to alternative music.

He was thoroughly fascinated to discover that they shared a similar taste in music, shifting the stack of heavy records to examine more of the music she enjoyed.

She noticed Jungkook was in a squat position, looking at all of her records.

"You have so many records, it's actually impressive." He turned his head in her direction with a large grin, dazzled by the set. "We have the same taste in music, too." His doe eyes glanced at her.

"Oh, I know I've been collecting them since my first year of high school, that's why." Devora shared, sitting on the couch. "If we share the same taste in music, then your playlist must be pleasant to listen to."

He began to organize the records, leaning them against the shelf— similar to how Devora had it before he went over and prodded through them.

"Oh that's fine, don't worry about that you can just leave them, however." She pulled her legs under herself, getting comfortable.

Jungkook joined her on the other end of the couch, keeping a fair distance between each other.

"I'm sorry I had us leave the club." He keened, leaning his elbow on the top of the cushions, his body turned to face Devora.

"Don't, I completely understand why you didn't want to be there." She sieved support above his apology. "I wouldn't want to be there either if the same happened to me."

"Sorry, but can I ask exactly what she said? Something about a drink? Did she threaten you?" Devora wanted to know more about what happened.

She didn't want to provoke him by asking him the question when they were at the bar; considering that it had just happened.

Jungkook gulped, biting down on his tongue. He was reluctant to tell her exactly what Mika told him. What she offered him was utter stupidity, moreover the fact that he didn't have any idea how Devora would take it.

But, perhaps it was better if she knew?

"She just— she was throwing herself at me and she assumed that I was only with you for... well, you know." He hinted, shuffling his socks against the rug.

"Then, once she kept bringing you into it, I just got upset." He was watching the front door, eyes visibly squinting as he reimagined Mika's words as if she were there.

Devora had her hair between her two fingers, listening intently to his story, her other fingers tracing circles against her thigh.

"You must have been so uncomfortable." She had sympathy for him, recalling all the times men would give her attention in the wrong ways.