30. vampire's kiss

Start from the beginning

Jungkook neglected that. Too busy caught up in his nebulous dull mind to notice the little things at that moment, just glad the lady was able to fix his drink.

He downed the drink, putting it down with a loud sigh of relief, in love with the taste that washed in his mouth.

Mika looked down at her button-up white-tee, unfastening one of the buttons to show more of her chest and cleavage.

"Finished already, huh?" She came by again, leaning her hands on the table in front of her. "Want another?"

Jungkook just smiled. "Yeah, thank you." Focusing his attention on his phone.

Mika began assembling the drink in front of him. "You know, I've never seen you here before, how are you so close to Jayce?" Making up any excuse to have a conversation with the man.

Jungkook looked up from his phone. "Oh um, we're old friends. I used to come all the time, you know before I got busy." He gave an awkward laugh, questioning in his mind whether or not her shirt was always so revealing.

"Oh, well no wonder," She giggled. "I actually started working here almost two months ago. Are you the photographer friend?" Mika guessed correctly.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, inquisitive as to how she knew that. "Yeah, does Jayce talk about me or something?"

"Yes, well, only sometimes." Mika laughed, placing the cup down in front of him. "More whiskey for you." Her tone was light, as gentle as the piano keys playing in the background.

"You know, I used to take a photography class." She made more conversation, keeping her elbows glued to the table in front of him.

"Oh, is that right?" He didn't mean to sound so interested, but anything to make the time pass.

"Well, in high school." She toyed with a napkin, getting a small laugh out of Jungkook. "And some in college, but I decided to take another route." Her eyes were low, looking up at him with a smile.

"Well, it isn't exactly for everyone, I suppose." He began to sweat, looking at the watch on his left wrist.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." She slightly pouted at his bland responses, wanting to get his attention. "I mean, from one photographer to another, maybe you could help me sometime. I've seen your shots, and they're all so fascinating."

He just smiled, confused about what to say next.

Was it a thank you?

His head went elsewhere, anywhere where she wasn't.

He knew exactly what her intentions were, and it wasn't working. He knew right from the moment her shirt was unbuttoned that she was looking for all the wrong attention from him.

He just wished she'd give up.

Suddenly, he felt his head being turned on its own, a hand below his chin that guided his direction back to her; Mika.

Her finger followed against his prodding jawline, falling down below his chest — tracing her fingers lower until he carefully swatted her hand away.

"What are you doing?" His eyes were now fully black like an oil spill, lacking the spirited gleam that they generally displayed.

"Oh come on, I know you're only with the girl for one thing." Mika referred to Devora. "Why not settle for somebody who won't play so hard to get? I can give you what you want."

Jungkook was offended.

Offended that the woman thought so low of Devora.

Him as well. What made her think sex is all he wanted?

His central purpose was to get closer to Devora — preferably more than friends— but at that point, he would settle for anything as long as she was going to be there with him.

"Excuse me? This act you're putting on is humiliating, I was trying to be nice at first, but you being so inappropriate, miss." Jungkook pushed his chair out, trying to scoot away from the woman who practically threw herself at him.

"Oh please, like you were gonna get that far with her either way. She thinks she's too good for you, anyway." Mika labeled Devora to be a pristine girl, a girl that thought highly of herself.

"I mean, I could loosen her up a bit," Her voice was brought to a low whisper. "You know, slip something in her drink. Make it easier for you, I'm sure you're struggling to keep it in your pants, big boy."

Her suggestion made Jungkook flinch, mortified that she would even consider something like that.

Mika.

The same woman that handled the drinks.

It made him wonder if she's done this in the past before.

It was egregious.

Jungkook noticed Devora come out of the restroom, retracing her steps back to their seat. Excusing herself through the crowds of people in the room.

There was something that ignited within his chest, lighting that churned through his veins in an odious response to Mika's behavior.

Something that urged him to do something about it. Pushing himself to stand up for it and the other people that she could have possibly brought the idea up to.

As soon as Devora sat down in her chair, Jungkook hastily stood up, causing the stool to fall behind him.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚