30. vampire's kiss

Start from the beginning

The man on stage began singing his song. His deep strenuous voice matched up with the instruments so effectively, causing the guests to feel the music.

Even if they didn't want to, they found themselves entangled with the talented musicians on stage.

She was already tapping her foot to the beat of the song, her head slightly moving to the sounds that reverberated in her ears.

It wasn't until she noticed Jungkook's watchful eyes — that were staggered on her movements — when she realized she was moving to the music.

His fingers on the table tapped along with the tempo that somehow encouraged her to keep going.

She grabbed onto his tapping fingers, holding his hand to get the rest of his body moving along with her.

A blush crept on his cheeks, his teeth flashing themselves openly to her as he took up on her invitation.

Grabbing on her fingers, putting her hand above their heads, twirling her body on the spinning stool, twisting her in her chair — right when the song told the people to do the twist.

Devora laughed carelessly, coming to terms with the fact that she hadn't had that much fun in a while.

It wasn't long until Mika came around, handing them their drinks.

"Oh, thank you, Mika!" Jungkook never let go of Devora's moving hand, squeezing her fingers to get her attention.

"Little miss," He quoted the song, "Your drink is here." He smirked, gently nudging the cocktail towards her.

Her hands clapped together once, already intrigued by the looks of her drink.

It was served in a coupe glass, the drink itself was a piercing blood-red color with smoke oozing out on top, flowing down to the end of the glass, sweeping away up into the atmosphere.

It reminded her of the days in winter when she would pipe her hot breath out, watching it turn to fog, combining with the cold air.

He watched Devora's eyes light up, amazed by the streaming smoke coming out of her drink due to the magic of dry ice.

"Do I have to wait for the smoke to evaporate?" Devora asked Jungkook, dubious as to what the smoke was caused by.

He hummed, "No Dev, you can go ahead and try a sip. Just make sure the cubes don't rise up, I don't want you drinking the dry ice."

She made sure to follow his instructions, only taking a small sip to get a taste of the drink.

Devora tapped her tongue quietly against the roof of her mouth multiple times, trying to pinpoint the many flavors that were bursting in her mouth, her taste buds showering in the sweet-tart taste from the sugared rim.

He watched quietly for her feedback, eyes squinting as he studied her unreadable expression.

"How is it?" Jungkook asked, wanting to hear opinions.

She clicked her tongue. "It's honestly really good, I can really taste the Vodka, along with the raspberry that was added." Devora described it to him.

"Did you wanna try a sip?" She offered.

"Only if you insist." He cajoled, a tantalizing smile pushing on his lips. "Can I try the rim as well?" He purred in question, pointing at the candied red rim.

"Of course, I don't mind."

Taking a small sip, holding it upon himself to lick part of the rim as well.

His tongue scraped part of the rim, tipping the cup over simultaneously, taking a careful sip to make sure the dry ice wouldn't slide up to his lips.

He set the cup down, his tattooed fingers sliding under his damp lip to catch the fallen dabs of liquor that rolled down the side of his lip, licking his index finger to absorb the sweet flavors that tried running away from his mouth.