He seemed tyrant with his clenched jaw, making any person believe he held great animosity. Flippant and annoyed with anyone that would try to speak to him.

However, he was the complete opposite when it was with the people who truly meant something to him.

With anyone, really.

Jungkook wouldn't hurt a fly.

He quite literally had conversations with inanimate objects whenever he was alone, being wholehearted for any and all things that lived.

Big or small.

Devora held onto her purse, thanking him when he opened the door for her.

She was swept away by the place and how spacious it was.

There was a large stage to the east side of the entrance, the other parts of the room were filled with tables and circled booths that were against each corner of the room. A bar was parallel to the entrance, many heads sitting on the stools as they waited for their drinks.

The ambiance of the room was so relaxing, lights dimmed to harmonize with the music being played by the live entertainment.

The sounds flourished from the cymbal of the drums and high keys of the piano, tangling with one another elegantly, creating a tune fit for anyone, forcing them into a tranquilizing state.

"Jungkook, oh my gosh this place is so lovely." Devora breathed, disrupting her reverie.

She reached for his forearm, wanting to keep close to him before they lost each other with the other wave of people within the establishment.

"See, it's nice right?" Jungkook agreed with her, noticing the host coming to acquaint the two with a table.

It seemed like Jungkook had been there quite often since the manager of the place walked over to accompany him, with a large smile that was swelled with reminiscence.

Devora stayed put beside her companion as he caught up with his old friend — of what seemed to be of an old friendship.

"Oh, Jayce, this is Devora." The boy with black ebony hair didn't forget to include her into his conversation, "Devora, this is Jayce, he's the manager here, and an old family friend."

Old.

Devora repeated that word in her mind, taking a look at his features that seemed so youthful. She suspected Jungkook was using the word old to signify that their friendship had been an aged bond that had lasted since they were toddlers.

Perhaps it was the snake bite piercings on his lip and tattoos that made him look younger. His hair was a dark brown, split down on the left side, the tips of his hair falling near the right side of his forehead.

She looked down at his hands, noticing a wedding band.

This made her question his age, for sure.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, Jayce." Devora said in a kind voice.

"It's nice to meet you too, Devora." Jayce agreed with her. "I have a perfect seat for the two of you, follow me." He insisted, continuing his walk through the tables and physiques.

The perfect seat — as Jayce promised — was at the bar, where the stage was clear in view, and where the drinks were being quickly distributed.

Jungkook pulled out one of the cushioned stools, inviting Devora to sit to the right of him, not wanting to block the live performance from her with his body.

She thanked him with a nod, appreciating his invariable gentleman-like ways.

Jayce appeared from behind the counter in front of them, handing out a menu filled with endless lists of beverages. One section containing alcohol, and another with just soft drinks.

"Here are the menus, and the person in charge of the bar tonight is Mika," His head turned to the woman who was making drinks at the center of the bar.

"If you two want to put in a request for a song, don't hesitate to do so, boys' will play anything and everything." Jayce was so organized, his voice methodical.

"Thanks, man." Jungkook thanked him.

And he was off, not before nodding and winking at his old friend.

"Wait so, you guys met through your parents or?" Devora questioned, not wanting there to be silence between the two of them.

He nodded, placing the one menu between them. "Yeah, we used to be neighbors, and his dad was friends with my dad, practically best friends since they used to work together." Jungkook shared.

"Oh, so you two are the same age?" She guessed, looking down at the menu.

Jungkook murmured, almost like he was trying to remember how old Jayce really was. "No, he's about four years older than I am."

Just as she was about to respond, a voice entered their conversation.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚