Chapter 36: FIREBALL

Comincia dall'inizio

JJ grabs a random sharpie from the back pocket of his jeans and takes the boys arm. He writes his number in big slurred writing. Pope tugs on his arm but he has just enough time to shoot the boy one last grin.

JJ bounces his head, singing along with a smile as Pope drags him through the dance floor. Along the way he takes off his hat and swings it playfully around his finger. But the hat flies off and lands someplace. JJ frowns.

The music is much too loud to talk here, let alone hear his own thoughts. But JJ doesn't care, what's there to say? What's there to think? Nothing. He has this looney grin planted on his lips.

Pope walks them across the club, to where the music dims down enough to hear chatter. It's a lounge area, pretty much.

'Sit', he demands

JJ presses his lips together. Shit. Am I in trouble? He drops down tiredly, but instead of sitting on red leather couch, he drops onto the floor.

'What?', JJ asks

'What?', JJ asks.

He tries to play it off. Making it out like it's not big deal he just kissed a boy. And it isn't, but JJs always been worried about what people would say about it. That's part of the reason he hasn't told anyone that he's bi, not even the pogues.

Part of him knows that they won't judge but part of him remains unsure. The last thing he wants is to be thought of differently or for his friends to become well... awkward around him.

Pope sits down on the couch, he rests his head in his hands letting out a sigh. JJ scoots over to face him.

'I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry I didn't tell you... I'm bi'

Pope remains face down like he hasn't heard him.

'Pope did you hear me? I said I'm bi'

Pope lets out a heavy exhale and raises his head to face him. 'JJ you don't need to apologise, you know that right? I care about you, I don't mind who you like'

JJ squints, after all the times of replaying our Popes reactions he never thought it would be like this.

'Besides that's old news'

JJ opens his mouth to ask how or when but instead he shakes his head.

'Why would you take us back here? I was having fun over there', He whines

'Yeah, I know you were'

JJ swings forward playfully. 'Why then? You want some of this?', he jokes

Pope gives him a look that says sarcastically: really?

'Well actually it's about the drug we took', Pope admits 'It's starting to really hit. Don't you feel it?'

'Yeah well im kinda horny all the time so im like immune to it ya know... theres a chick over there looking at you'

Pope looks over his shoulder to where JJ motions and then he swings back, heat in his cheeks.

'Go, knock yourself out. I'll be here'

Pope looks hesitant about leaving JJ behind but he eventually rises up to his feet and walks over to her. They're quick to disappear. But also quick to return.

'Wow? Really', JJ shakes his head in disapproval.

'JJ-'

'I've got to say thats record timing for busting one out-'

'JJ!', Pope says getting his attention.

'What?'

'I think I saw her'

'Saw who?'

'Kie'

'Wait really?', JJ immediately snaps up to his feet. 'Where?'

JJ follows Popes pointed finger to to the corridor. Standing right there is Kie with Rafes hands around her neck.

——

Oh, the shit that's about to go down!

Welp it's just too bad cause I've got a lot of studying to do right now but hopefully I'll be able to update... soon catch y'all later love yous