Strong Winds Rise

Ever since that night they shook off Zhan Bei Ye, the next few days were peaceful and uneventful. Yao Xun kept to his words, obediently following by them, although Meng Fuyao thought that the reason he stayed probably was because he had seen Yuan Zhaoxus martial arts that night, and wanted to find a safety umbrella.

Today they had already arrived at the edges of Tai Yuans capital Yanjing. The three people found an inn to rest at, and the moment Meng Fuyao moved in she hurriedly began to cultivate. These few days she had diligently consolidated her insights, and she felt that the fourth layer of Breaking Nine Heavens was already almost at perfection.

Sand noiselessly flowed down the hourglass. Six hours later, Meng Fuyao opened her eyes, a radiance flashing in her eyes.

Picking up the sword on the table, she willed her qi into it, and the sword body immediately lit up with a jade-colored glow, the brilliance of the fourth layer. Compared to the past few days, todays brilliance was even more gorgeous and gentle, lustrously pure.

Grand Completion finished! Meng Fuyao happily jumped on the bed. Who should I find to give a kiss to?

After saying she quickly slapped herself in rebuke. Stop thinking these random thoughts!

Lazily lying down on the bed, she took out those three treasures from her bosom, carefully stroking them.

These were the passage seals she had spent so much thinking to obtain.

The Five Regions Continent had always circulated a mysterious legend – collect the seven types of seal medallions of the seven states, and one could pass through every state. Then travel across the Five Regions Continent in a path to the north, until reaching the northern-most region of Di. In the Di state Heavens Court, on top of the most mysterious, hardest to enter Evergreen Temple, there was an extraordinary and wise entity, who could solve any problem or obstacle in the world.

Meng Fuyao didnt have any hardship she needed someone to help with, but she did have a thing of utmost difficulty that she wished for that extraordinary power to solve.

Yet, reaching the altar was easier said than done. The Five Regions Continent was originally split into five states, one nation for each region. Later, the states went to war, territories exchanged hands many times, and thirty years ago the five states had already split into seven, cutting the Five Regions into fragments. Today each guarded their own territories, and even though they maintained a superficial peace, they actually eyed each other with greed and hostility. Most deployed troops to guard their borders, preventing other states from passing through; it was rumored that even a feather falling from Nemesis Dynasty into the neighboring Xuanyuan kingdom, would still be immediately ground into fine powder.

Fortunately, this world respected strong cultivators, and opened doors of leniency for a select few. Thirty years ago, the seven states held a conference in the continents centrally-positioned Infinite Empire of the Heng region. They collected symbolic seals from the seven states, and gave the Seven State Commands to the ten strongest martial artists of the Five Regions Continent at the time. One who possessed these command seals could travel freely throughout the seven states, their paths unhindered, and directly travel anywhere in the Five Regions besides the imperial palaces of the seven states.

To be honest, this was only a way of showing goodwill. With the abilities of those ten powerhouses, even without the command seals they could still go anywhere they wanted.

In fact after accepting the seals they instead were restricted by the fear of losing face – they couldnt go to the inner palaces and watch eunuchs wash the underwear of concubines anymore.[1]

Of course, with Meng Fuyaos current strength, she couldnt even dream of obtaining those command seals.

If one path is blocked, there will always be another. Since different areas of the Five Regions Continent had their own unique productions, the goods that businesses, armies, and commoners consumed relied upon the products of each of the other states. In the past few years, each state gradually came to realize the importance that trade flow had to their military and economic growth. Five years ago at the Infinite Empire, under the facilitation of that famous prodigy Crown Prince Wuji, the seven states started to issue passage seals in a limited scope. These allowed the high officials and merchants of two countries to travel and interact, achieving political and economic trading, and could be considered a diplomatic pass that enjoyed a certain amount of passage rights and official protection.