Unsheathing the Sword

The entire arena was still, with all eyes focused on the injured person in front of Meng Fuyao. This made it difficult for Meng Fuyao to even move. She tried to move her feet discreetly, but the cold gaze of the man in black in the centre of the field shot towards her. He remained expressionless as if he was wearing a mask, but his gaze was chilling and penetrating. It felt as sharp as the edge of a steel nail, cutting deep into Meng Fuyaos eyes.

The look in his eyes was deep and profound, as though one was sinking into a deep bottomless sea. And right at the bottom was a strange flame, swaying and inextinguishable.

Under Meng Fuyaos puzzled gaze, the flame wandered, bounced and burned brighter continuously. Next, it exploded under Meng Fuyaos eyes.

It was as if a loud sound echoed in her head, exploding into dazzling fireworks.

Meng Fuyao felt dizzy immediately, staggering backward and bumping against the pillar against her back. The cold touch cleared her mind, and she was dumbstruck as she lifted her eyes to stare at the person.

That was one of the top bewildering techniques, Nether Eyes!

What was that persons background?

From the profound hatred at the bottom of his eyes, he was definitely not here to merely spar and learn martial arts!

Meng Fuyao turned, wanting to leave.

However, the White Mountain Sect Masters piercing voice sounded from her back. Mystic Essence Sword Sect, dont you still have Yan Jingchen?

Lin Xuanyuan was startled. He answered, Jingchen went back to the capital last night.

He must have heard that we were coming and fled in fear, right? The Sect Masters laughed together heartily.

And this person? Cai Yun Sword Sect Master laughed and pointed to Meng Fuyao, who was trying to slip away. How about this person? I remember that she hasnt competed yet. Is she trying to be like Yan Jingchen, who ran away?

Lin Xuanyuan was rendered speechless, and his expression changed. The disciple at his side immediately went out and pushed Meng Fuyao.

What are you doing here? If you dont have the ability, then dont appear in front of others. Youre making it even more difficult for Master!

Get lost and go back to your room!

Meng Fuyaos eyebrows shot up, the fury in her eyes raging. After a while, she inhaled sharply, clenched her fist and walked away silently.

No point to bother with snobbish people, it would only bring down her own character.

After living in this strange world for many years and enduring through many hardships, all the superficial temper and flamboyant attitude that belonged to the Red-Haired Demoness of that era had not completely disappeared. However, she now could restrain herself.

When she took a step, a delicate voice that sounded like jade pearls dropping into a silver platter was heard behind her back.

This person, even in our own sect is just a helper girl. Do not compare her with Senior Brother Yan. Otherwise, the Pei family in the capital and the Yan family from He Yuan will treat it as an insult.

The Pei family in the capital and the Yan family from He Yuan represented the royal family and the government in Tai Yuan. The Leaders of the various Sects understood the meaning and implication behind this sentence and fell silent.

Meng Fuyao turned back and stared at the girl in red robes near the back. She was a year older than Fuyao, but her body had already matured. Her curves, unlike Fuyaos, whose curves were exquisite, had a touch of immaturity. The parts of her body that were full were gushing with desire, and the areas that were thin were delicate and gentle. She favoured wearing tight red robes that made her figure even more enchanting and graceful. However, her looks were dignified with the corners of her eyes slightly lifted, appearing lustrous and elegant. She was Pei Yuan.