Individual Motives

The bed shook dangerously, intensifying the lustre of the pearls on the bed and creating a scene so suspiciously seductive.

Yuan Zhaoxu raised his brow and grabbed hold of a corner of the quilt, immediately understanding her intention and breaking into a laugh.

Creak, creak, creak, creak.

As if instantly, a round fluff ball scuttled from the wall corner and onto the bed, but not before executing a front 360-degree flip. With his legs all spread out, he was ready to separate the two individuals who appeared to be doing some bed exercises.

Hu!

As the two individuals moved in sync, the possessive Lord Yuan Bao landed on the bed and in between the both of them. Because of the softness of the mattress, he sank downward, head first, and only managed to get up on his feet after attempting a few backflips.

Seeing that Lord Yuan Bao had finally managed to stabilize himself, Yuan Zhaoxu the heartless owner flicked his fingers, causing him to tumble back down.

Unable to withstand, Lord Yuan Bao could only grab onto the guilt and wail.

His plight brought tears to Meng Fuyaos eyes as she bit into the quilt and cramped up from laughing so hard.

All of a sudden, a soft ringing sounded thrice from outside the window, followed by the entrance of a slim black shadow that resembled smoke.

Yuan Zhaoxu got up and exchanged a few words, in private, with the man in black, whose face was blocked by him. The latter withdrew shortly after.

When Yuan Zhaoxu turned back, Meng Fuyao was already sitting up and watching him with her crow-black but lit up eyes.

Your teacher is keeping the advisor for a few more days, saying that they have so much more to catch up on, Yuan Zhaoxu relayed with a meaningful smile. The advisor was supposed to return today, but naturally wont be able to now.

Lin Xuanyuans always been a sly fox. Meng Fuyao shrugged.

I had planned to bring you, together with the advisor, down the mountains but were gonna have to make some changes now, Yuan Zhaoxu informed while lifting his fingers to rest against his chin. It was a fine pose. Lin Xuanyuan has already informed members of Pei Yuans family, and they will be here in a few days time. Hes keeping the advisor because he suspects that the latter is involved in tonights incident. If thats the case, whatever conflict thats gonna happen will be kept between Pei Family and the advisor. Lin Xuanyuans made a good call.

Do you think the advisors involved? Meng Fuyao giggled. Do you think he knows that youve helped me?

I think youd be better off worrying about our escape route, Yuan Zhaoxu quipped.

Remaining silent, Meng Fuyao got up and got dressed, carefully binding her hair up.

Sitting still and observing her every movement, Yuan Zhaoxu flashed a small smile. Eh?

Its better if I go now. Meng Fuyao fastened her cuffs and checked the weapons on her body. Youve already helped me twice, and thats enough self-sacrifice. Im just going to bring you and the advisor more trouble if I continue relying on you. Humans shouldnt be so ignorant.

She waved a confident goodbye. Till we meet again.

At that, she walked cooly without looking back, but before she could reach the door – click! – It had locked itself. Meng Fuyao stopped, turned around and leaned against the door frame before looking at the culprit with a crooked head.

It was already bright outside. The first rays of morning sun fell through the window slit and outlined her silhouette, embellishing it with a tinge of softness and luminosity.