Limitless Longevity of a Dog

Dawn rose.

However, storm and lightning seemed they would strike down soon.

When Meng Fuyao led her horse to enter Yanjings city gate, her heart still had a vague feeling of nervousness. Yet, once she saw the excited but peaceful crowds on the expansive, large street, she suddenly calmed down.

What was she afraid of? No matter how much overthrowing would happen at the Tai Yuan Palace, what did it have to do with an ordinary citizen like her?

Because the Emperors 50th birthday was coming, everyone would celebrate together on that day. Both the imperial capital and the various province capitals each set up Daoist rituals to chant holy scriptures and honor the ancestors, while craftsmen filled the two sides of the main streets with decorations of beautiful paintings and silk cloths. The entire city of Yanjing looked bustling, wealthy, and colorful, with a festive and splendid scene filling ones eyes.

Ten li before entering the city, Yuan Zhaoxu had separated from her. Meng Fuyao knew very clearly that continuing to follow him would not necessarily be good for her, and so in that moment she walked forward alone without hesitation.

When Zhaoxu said goodbye to her, his expression was as usual. The eyes that were like the deep sea held a light smile inside, without any sign of internal emotions. Master Yuanbao, however, seemed very happy. It hopped up and down in satisfaction, most likely with the complete feeling of joy that comes with finally getting rid of a pain in the ass. Seeing this Fuyao became completely cheerless, and in a fit of anger she yanked out another three hairs on its butt – putting it nicely, it could be considered her parting gift.

As for whether that one would harbor resentment in its little heart, Meng Fuyao didnt care at all.

After finding an inn to rest at, Meng Fuyao went out for some street shopping. Here she bought a mask, then over there she bought a sugar person[1], purely just idling away time.

The things quickly piled up in her hands. With a pastry person stuck in her mouth she walked back to her room, when with an eye she spotted Yao Xun wiggling and weaving through the crowd, probably up to his usual work again. She couldnt help but laugh.

Due to this laugh, some of her attention was diverted, and so when she turned past a corner her eyes werent looking. Suddenly, she heard an erupting of galloping hooves while a white shadow flashed past – from behind the corner immediately burst out a horse, its pace extremely frantic and its attitude fiery-tempered. Discovering a person in front blocking its way, the horses feet lifted up and kicked towards Meng Fuyao!

Amidst the street-goers surprised cries, the person on top of the horse anxiously yelled, White Lightning! Halt!

Fuyao raised her head. The white horses large hooves had already reached in front of her eyes. Instinctively, Meng Fuyao wanted to use a powerful blow to break the hooves, but with a glance out of the corners of her eyes, she found that it was a fine steed. Thinking it a pity, her hand retracted, and she drifted up. With a shua sound she leaped onto the back of the horse, all the while still holding onto that bag of stuff she bought.

The person on the horse had originally left his residence with his mind preoccupied with troubles, distracted by thoughts the whole journey. It was only because of this that he had urged the horse to run too fast and risk injuring others. Just when he was regretting his carelessness, he unexpectedly saw that girl underneath the horse suddenly leap onto the horse, stably landing behind him. Shocked, he couldnt help but let out an Ah! sound.

Instinctively twisting his head back, he let out yet another Ah! sound.

At the same time, Meng Fuyao also shouted out.